LH A340 Business Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

Swissdiver
    Participant

I am flying on LH in a few weeks, something I usually don’t do. How is LH business class currently? It seems they will serve the CAI-FRA route with a A340-300 having, according to Seat Guru, Angled Lie Flat Seats. How bad are these? And is row 3 (first row in business) really bad as seatguru is indicating?

Thanks

PatJordan
    Participant

My wife and I flew MCO-FRA on Lufthansa A340 in Business recently.

The service was excellent throughout, food and drink very good. The cabin is very quiet, being so far forward of the engines helps.

We were in row 7, so I can’t comment on other rows.

The seats can be reclined in a myriad of ways. There is a gentle massage function included in the seat. I had no difficulty getting comfortable during the flight for reading or relaxing.

However, sleeping was not so easy. Despite the lie flat function, there is still an angle, and neither my wife nor I could get really comfortable for sleeping.

Hope this helps, Swissdiver.

Pat.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Thanks, Pat.

The fact you were on row 7 suggests it was a A340-600 (according to seatguru). I guess however the seats would be the same.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Reporting on the experience…

All together it was not bad. Some weird things (only German newspapers and magazines for instance – breakfast 2 hours before landing on a 4 hours very early morning trip that took off at 4:30 am, …), but great crew. Average food.

The seat is as mentioned a lie-flat bed. Interestingly you have to play with the command if you really want it to be flat otherwise it comes back a bit and is no more flat… Massage function was a joke. I didn’t play much with the IFE since it was a 4 hours night flight.

Will I do it again? Well probably not as the schedule was weird (but I had no choice) and transiting in FRA is still a nightmare. Next time, BA & T5!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls