Less than 12% of Cabin Crew Against Industrial Action.

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)

• theworldtraveller
    Participant

The strike will not affect my business travel bookings this time as BA have said they will run 100% longhaul.

Surely there has been so much talking (2+ years?) that this industrial problem needs bringing to a very swift end by BA. I flew to St petersburg last week with the new fleet of BA stewardesses , they were very good and a breath of fresh air from some of the service I have previously had. Well done BA.

FCTraveller
    Participant

Hippocampus: spot on.

Anyone who says that only 12% of total cabin crew are against this strike are deluding themselves. And I would venture a guess that a large majority of those who didn’t vote are against the strike.

The BASSA train crash is indeed unfolding and many will want to take a front row seat to witness the carnage. About time.

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

As this thread uses the same statistical manipulation, it is no more delusional than the initial mendacious sensationalist thread declaring ” just 43% of cabin crew support action” despite there being a perfectly adequate thread already discussing the strike.

What a warped mentality to want to “take a front seat” whilst people who have given many years dedicated, loyal service in playing the lead role in creating “the world’s favourite airline” are likely to have their careers ruined. Nauseating.

JohnPhelanAustralia
    Participant

“are likely to have their careers ruined” by BASSA. (You forgot to add the last bit.)

And yes, it is nauseating that many of these dedicated cabin crew have been led to the edge of the cliff by BASSA officials obviously more concerned about their own positions than those of their members.

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Are posters morally debased here? Do people take pleasure in others lives being ruined…. how twisted can you get. Such gloating is reprehensible, callous and devoid of humanity.

JohnPhelanAustralia
    Participant

Who’s gloating? I think the whole thing is disgraceful ……..

Why the BASSA officials are taking delight in ruining people’s lives – by causing them to lose their benefits and jobs – I simply don’t understand.

FCTraveller
    Participant

Totally agree JPA.

If the fine BA cabin crew don’t want their careers ruined, then they should ditch BASSA and negotiate through a union that understands the commercial realities of the 21st century. A company, regardless of its size or national importance is NOT an endless pot of money and bleeding it dry is not in the long term interest of its employees.

Nobody here is saying that they take pleasure in others’ lives being ruined, but rather that the demise of BASSA would do the opposite. Big difference.

In any case, if anyone wants to preach about morality, then they should direct it towards those self-serving union officials.

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

It has become a specator sport spewing bile – what have they done to you to deserve you taking delight at their lives being ruined – take your front row seat to watch??? .. bottom feeders.

FCTraveller
    Participant

Totally off-base and not listening. Sound familiar?

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Don’t forget to apply for membership to the Westboro Baptist Church

FCTraveller
    Participant

A bit angry are we?

JohnPhelanAustralia
    Participant

Tete, in answer to your question – “Are posters morally debased here?” – I think you’re being a bit hard on yourself.

I certainly wouldn’t say you were morally debased, I just think you’re misguided in not understanding the financial realities that BA is facing – and that all BA staff in other branches of the organisation have understood.

Unions representing staff in those other sections have understood that job rentention is the most important thing for their members; BASSA seems to take the view that it doesn’t care if its members all lose their jobs!

FCTraveller
    Participant

JPA, I love your style!

LindsayW
    Participant

According to the BT article:

“BA cabin crew members of the Unite union have voted in favour of fresh industrial action, raising the possibility of strikes over the half term and Easter holidays.

Unite balloted 10,220 members, with 75 per cent turning out to vote, and of these 78.5 per cent voted yes to the question “Are you prepared to take part in strike action?”.

Unite said that members had voted in support of industrial action “by a huge margin”… ‘

{By my calcs, 78.5% of 75% of 10,220 = 6,017 or 58.87% of total Unite union membership – I wouldn’t call that “a huge margin” if you are looking at overall membership}

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

It is likely that there will have to be another vote to avoid the risk of having the recent vote declared illegal.

Hopefully both parties will get this sorted as a war of attrition does not aid BA’s reputation nor BASSA’s.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls