Leftover Diamond Club miles

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

• KeaneJohn
    Participant

As most of us will know now a pretty reasonable outcome with 1-1 conversion of miles and status match.

BMI Staff at Edinburgh Airport advised me today this had been known to staff for quite a while and I guess goes with what the DC call centre said that they wanted to recognise the loyal travellers.

Will still miss the *A benefits of flying LX and LH from London City but will investigate the other schemes to see what is around.

Hi charlesQ – i’ve just logged into my BA Executive Club account, and there’s a link under “Your options” saying “Combine My Avios”.

On the next page there is then further information, along with another link which should allow members to combine accounts (although it seems to be very slow at the moment).

Mark Caswell

VintageKrug
    Participant

A link is the most effective way of pointing to the combine my avios tool:

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/combine-avios/execclub/_gf/en_gb

You need to be logged in for it to work. It’s only just gone live, and there’s no rush to combine, so suggest waiting a day so the initial rush dies down.

Business Traveller was able to successfully transfer Bmi Diamond Club miles this morning, and the BA Executive Club balance was updated immediately. More information here:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/ba-launches-avios-transfer-tool

stevescoots
    Participant

It must be busy, as I am going round in circles. Combine homepage, click combine my avios takes me to my account, click combine on my account, back to combine home page…

lloydah
    Participant

me too simply gives an avios or Iberia plus option

TominScotland
    Participant

Its now showing

The requested URL /sitedown.html was not found on this server.

when I try to use the Combine Avios tool………

lloydah
    Participant

success at 18 40.

KeaneJohn
    Participant

I happened to be glancing at the site during their testing yesterday and was able to switch mine over oainlessly.

Looking back at this thread how wrong was VK about status and transferrability..especially at that time it was known within BA that they were going to to status match and transfer.. One wonders now if his numerous threads to burn BMI miles before BA acquired BMI and the liability for the cost of them

VintageKrug
    Participant

I really don’t know why you have to single out my “handle” when making that point.

I never made any statement other than there was at that time “no evidence” that status would be matched, which remains an accurate understanding of the situation as it then was. I never claim to get things 100% correct; I am not a mind-reader, I post my informed opinion support by facts where available, and this is a discussion forum not some sort of kangaroo court.

To suggest in some way that I was trying to materially influence BA’s corporate liability, or have any interest in doing so by posting on this little forum, is bizarre.

It has always been the case that bmi miles were more valuable than BA Miles/Avios when used judiciously, and that was the basis for the recommendation to burn.

Honestly, I’m just trying to help and I think some people have benefitted from my advice. Why all the negativity?

Sad.

KeaneJohn
    Participant

I singled out your handle as you came to light in this post and there were numerous other ones that you created at the time and in the period before encouraging people to burn their DC miles.

Nothing bizarre just my thoughts on the matter.

Having spoken to someone on the migration project it has been known for a long time of the status match and transfer of miles on a 1-1-1 basis which leads me to believe that either your finger wasn’t on the BA pulse as it usually is OR you knew full well what was going to happen but started threads to encourage spending them… I guess there is only 1 person that knows the answer to that.. These thoughts are my own and based just on what I have seen and subsequently heard.. nothing bizarre about it. why else would someone start multiple threads about spending as many miles as possible if the outcome was unknown.

Indeed some people had they followed the advise would have lost out.. no negativity whatsoever just the post which could not be father from the truth for someone that seems to normally have their finger on the pulse.. very strange

VintageKrug
    Participant

What a strange imagination.

TridentGold
    Participant

I have some sympathy for VK’s position on this.

At the time of his advice, I booked a business class return trip using DC miles for me and my daughter to Johannesburg (on SA) which was amazing value and better than I could get from BA EC.
    Today I have just transferred the balance into my EC account (in three minutes), so actually the best of both worlds – thanks VK

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls