Leading Hotels of the World (Leaders Club)

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I know I am SPG loyal, through and through, but …… having been invited to join the Leaders Club, loyalty scheme from Leading Hotels of the World, I am pretty impressed.

**4 or 5 stays for a free night

**free wifi

**free breakfast

**upgrade subject to availability

What impressed me is the genuinely lower prices by going through the dedicated website rather than going through the hotel direct, infact, the hotel refuses to accept the bookings or match the benefits if you try to book direct (as a member of the Leaders Club).

The latest booking came in around 40% below the hotels best rate….

Impressed!!!

Raffles99
    Participant

The free night are reportedly tough to redeem except in low season so don’t get overexcited about those.

Have they offered to waive the membership fee for you? it was free until about 5 years ago. They used to throw two decent parties a year in London but the downturn put an end to that.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hi Raffles99

Yes it was comp, I was told I was fortunate that I was not going to be charged….

A bit confused about the free night as I read that you had to stay at 5 different locations, then somewhere else is mentioned only 2.

I wonder if the transition to Unlimited level is comped, not sure I can see there is $1.200 value… but it would be nice to have.

I also wonder how happy the hotels are with the pricing. In my case I was quoted a very special “travel industry” rate of Euros 360 to include breakfast, this was then reduced to Euros 310, t save me having to go through the lhw website….. direct with the hotel, but was told I would not get any other benefits.

A quick online reservation through the lhw website got me a rate of Euros 255 (including breakfast, internet and upgrade)… + 1 stay towards a free night….

Only downside seen is there is no refund on the room if cancelled…..

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Hi Martyn,
    I’ve been a member for at least 15 years and had to pay for membership the last 3. But then my stays have been less frequent.

I’ve never had a problem redeeming my free night and have used them in London, Monaco and Vienna in season at top hotels. 2014 all my stays were at the Bellevue in Berne yet I still got my free room night.

I’ve occasionally found it cheaper to book direct with the hotel and still received the benefits but the stay did not count towards my free night. Remember also it’s stays, not nights, that count.

This year I’ll be staying 30 nights in LHW hotels and booking 2 rooms for most of them due to an upcoming Far Eastern trip so am tempted to try the benefits of the top tier membership to see if it’s worth it or not. I’ll let you know.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Another very useful benefit is the early check in/ late (4pm) check out which i use quite frequently.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls