LCY to JFK with BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

Bullfrog
    Participant

I am in the process of booking a flight to New York. Having previously enjoyed the service from LCY, I was delighted to see that there departure has moved from 13.00 to 09.55.

I was aware the later service, at 16.00 was losing ‘pre flight US customs clearance” at Shannon.. Now it appears the service is down to once daily, with 4 flight departures from LCY at 09.55 & 3 at 16.00.

How long has this been the case & will the 09.55 change to daily ?

JordanD
    Participant

Bullfrog – There are times of the year (Easter, August, Christmas) where BA proactively only have one flight a day because of low loads and use that time to put the two A318 aircraft through their more intensive maintenance schedules (as opposed to day-to-day maintenance which can be done at weekends).

Could it be that you are booking during one of those times?

(For what it is worth, I’m currently scheduled on an Avios booking using this service in August this year, and very much looking forward to it).

Bullfrog
    Participant

Thanks Jordan. I’ve done the journey before & provided a review on this forum. I was looking for flights next week.

JordanD
    Participant

No problem, Bullfrog. Hadn’t realised you’d done a review … shall seek it out.

Next week is half term, so that may explain a reduction to one daily next week. (I’m guessing at best …)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls