LCY Evacuation Procedures?

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

And whoever your snide aside “ex-BA employees and Dingo John” is referring to it is entirely lost on me – I am not who you BASSAmentalists think I am, and have never worked for BA/connected entity in any capacity, and nor has anyone connected with me so please desist from these childish allegations.

Your comments are dull for others to read, I’m sure.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

VintageKrug

So you still feel that this is a mere “jolly good learning opportunity” for a robust procedure to re checked?

I am not quite sure what it would have taken for you to accept a severe failing in LCY safety procedures occured, with effectively no tried and tested back system to implement.

Like you though, I am glad that nobody was hurt.

VintageKrug
    Participant

There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever for that statement above – it is hearsay, based on one typically hyperbolic poster’s personal perspective of a confusing and unexpected situation.

To suggest that passengers were being guided out beyond the stands to a live taxiway is bunkum.

CallMeIshmael
    Participant

VK – suggest less pomp more circumstance and less paranoia

VintageKrug
    Participant

No paranoia this end – you’re the coward who had to edit their own post….

MartynSinclair
    Participant

VintageKrug

It depends how you interepret a statement:

“Passengers that evacuate onto the airfield do so using airside fire exit routes”

I understood the above, along with the original report as indicating passengers were airside in the ramp area.

We will only know factually if GeriLCY can provide LCY version of events.

StewartKidd
    Participant

Forgive me, I’ve not had much to do with on-line forums – but is it true that all of them have to have a resident bully – a bit like junior school playgrounds ?

VintageKrug
    Participant

Pretty much. Best to ignore, they potter off elsewhere eventually!

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Marcus, Stewart, Martyn – It appears from the attached that LCY is not the only London airport to fail in evacuation procedures

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8408826/BA-staff-offered-counselling-after-hoax-bomb-alert-at-Heathrow.html

An airport security source said: “There was a lack of leadership, direction and control. This was a hoax but the lack of preparedness would have been a disaster if a real attack had taken place.

But he added: “What is really disturbing is that when the order to evacuate was given those who should have put the emergency plan into effect appeared to have no idea what to do.”

“There was no designated rendezvous point and none knew where they were going or what to do.”

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls