LAX-LHR in Business – AA or BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• AircraftLover
    Participant

London Heathrow is one of my favorites airports in the world because I love plane-spotting

But because of LHR heavy air traffic, I always choose a long transit time to avoid any stress

I hope you enjoy your Heathrow stopover

AJDC
    Participant

“[quote quote=928194]The AA flagship lounge at LAX is excellent and is very bright overlooking the gates and runway.

The food and drinks are very good and the showers are quite nice. The lounge is usually right next to the LHR gate as you can usually see the plane from the lounge. Certainly when I fly US domestic, it is one of the best lounges and whilst busy, I have always got a table.

[/quote]

How are you able to use AA’s flagship lounge when flying USA domestic? Last time I checked, this was not possible.

w8ster
    Participant

Neither airlines would normally sit on top of my preference list but in your situation, personally I would go AA for few reasons.

1. I cannot stand the Club World seats in BA which I find extremely claustrophobic. I like window seats so the AA seats works best for me and sufficient privacy without feeling claustrophobic.
    2. even though BA has better timing for your case, you’d be stressed trying to clear immigration and get across to T3 (thats assuming no delay and your luggage in checked through)
    3. The extra time you have at T3, with your status you’ll have access to the CX First lounge which to me is the best of all the One World lounges at LHR particularly after the complete refurbish 2 years ago.
    4. Whilst AA isn’t the best in service by any stretch, BA takes it to the next level from all my personal experiences.

My 2 cents.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls