Launch of the new BA First seat

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Anonymous

Business Traveller will be posting details of the new BA First seat at around lunchtime today, and in advance of this we have created a new forum topic here, for all discussions related to the new seat.

We have now published details of the new seat at:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/ba-first

VintageKrug
    Participant

Nice review.

“We don’t do bling” says it all, really. Good stuff, BA!

http://www.ba.com/first

flyingformiles
    Participant

Is the seat physically any wider than the current First seat. The review mentions the length but doesn’t say anything about width.

flyingformiles
    Participant

“Upright it’s the same width, but reclined it is wider – going from 19 inches up to 32 inches because of the side arms reclining (although, admittedly, I can’t recall what currently happens with the arms in First).”

VintageKrug
    Participant

Looks like the early artists’ impression leaks were spot on:

http://www.leggatts.co.uk/images/bafirst.png

We’ve also added the official BA images of the new First seat (featuring actress Rachel Weisz) at:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/official-images-of-bas-new-first-seat

Baggageinhall
    Participant

Any idea as to whether the new soft product (menus, washbags etc) will be used on the aircraft not yet upgraded with the new hard product?

Pyeinthesky
    Participant

“We’ve also added the official BA images of the new First seat (featuring actress Rachel Weisz) at:”

Also featuring Peter McCann from Tomorrows World in the last picture. I always wondered what happened to him.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Surely he must be 100 by now?

The soft product elements have been mostly available in F since May 2009; the current BAg is dark blue, but also comes in the featured white colour, too.

These improvements included:

Loch Fyne fresh fish/Catch of the Day
    Dorchester Afternoon Tea
    New bespoke Crockery and Cutlery/Pink Water Glass Goblet
    Dorchester Afternoon Tea
    New D.R.Harris BAg
    New 400 thread count Duvet/Mattress cover and larger pillows
    Shawl
    Fougasse Menus
    Dedicated First Crew, specially trained to work in F

BA has just announced on its official Twitter page that the new First suite will be available for viewing in the balcony area of the T5 Concorde Room from Feb 15 to Mar 7.

Binman62
    Participant

Looks great, very modern yet classic feel …if that is not a contradiction. I like the look and would hope to use it some day. It has been a long time coming.

The major issue however is that with my schedule I suspect it will be at least 2, if not 3 years, before I can get near either an aircraft or route where this product is guranteed. In that time I also fear the current hard product will detriorate further. BA will no doubt push this very hard and good luck to them, but the danger is that expectations are raised only to be dashed on the day.

As a result when travelling to SIN SYD or now MEL my first choice will be the still operationally challenged Qantas A380 suite or (and increasingly) Cathay who have product that is superb.
    BA will remain 1st 2nd 3rd and frankly the only choice across the pond but I do look forwrad to using them again to HKG and OZ but would urge them to speed up the roll out.

Hess963
    Participant

Hi everyone !!

First-thanks to Tom Otley for giving us this first sight and description of the product. Second–my first impression regarding the pics–demure, down-to-earth…looks like QF’s “little brother” –the narrower space is evident comparing to QF’s product, personal wardrobe is good and actually become a standard in this class. I personally think that everyone has to try it individually, if those few inches of more width can be really felt while reclined. My first feeling after Tom’s report–actually no new things–just new colour, panels etc.. You really have to try it and find those details of improvements. It definitely not gave me this “wow” factor which you had when you first see and experience EK etc…But it is all too early to judge now based on photos and Tom’s report. When I first saw the new LX’s F product–I had almost the same first impression–demure..—but it was a good product—the best selling point of LX’s First beside the new innovations of the seat itself…the great food, very attentive service, great F lounge and great meet&greet service( sometimes like in FRA with LH—with a chauffeur service)—these factors made the LX product solid and salable.

Yes, the QF F seat features are more attractive, ..but in the end it is one’s own taste which will decide–if BA has a good hand for the refurbishment or not. If BA wants to win points in certain areas of the product–try to maintain a great high level of food&beverage quality, constant good guest-crew interaction with great atttentivness, good quality of products like duvet, pillows, amenities … All in all the pax should feel great onboard and remembers the positive flight experiences and not how tight the width was or how dreadful the food tasted, how unfriendly the FA was…in my opinion it is all about the whole product which all the small important factors work together harmonically to give the pax the feeling : that was great , I liked it and want to fly again

andycee
    Participant

It will be interesting to see the first review from someone who flies the new seat, from the publicity it looks great, it’s a shame about the length of time for rolling out across the fleet but in the current financial climate it’s understandable.

In recent times I have flown Virgin Upper Class but this year decided to try BA First for a few holidays having booked a couple of trips to California and Mexico I was hoping to experience the new cabin, reading the article yesterday chances are the 747 range are more likely to be ready next year.

I have always been happy with the level of service I have received from BA and other airlines, even when things have gone wrong it’s been resolved. I do believe that the attitude of the passenger when travelling can make a huge difference to the experience.

I’ve seen some very rude passengers who would get slapped legs by their mothers if they saw the way they acted towards staff and fellow passengers.

I hope that everyone lucky enough to fly First in the new cabin enjoy their experience.

Andrew

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls