Lastminute.com

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

NeilTurner
    Participant

WARNING! – Last Thursday, I made an online booking with LASTMINUTE.COM. I needed to change the flight times for which a £45 charge is levied. It is now Sunday morning and, after an interchange of 8 e-mails and 2 phone calls by me, a revised e ticket has arrived. It is not now in my name and the flight details will not print out due to the font or graphics used. Interestingly, the call center is in India. The staff are polite but barely competent. Avoid at all costs!

LondonGuy
    Participant

I hear you Neil! I used to book all my travel (personal and work) online until I had to make a date change – that is where everything comes crashing down.

Since then, I’ve never booked it online – I’ve found myself a handy travel agent and he just takes all the hassle out of booking things. I usually do compare the prices to the net and he’s usually quite a bit cheaper – there has been the odd occasion where the airline has been cheaper directly and my guy charged me a little less than the airline at a loss to his company.

If you’ve not yet changed it – try speaking to the airline directly and see what they say – my agent always tells me changing it directly with the airline is usually cheaper if you can do it. Good luck!

MarkCymru
    Participant

wait until you need to get a refund. It took me 4 months and the threat of court action to get a fully-refundable ticket paid back.

Airpocket
    Participant

Yep, Lastminute would be at the top of my list of black-listed agents!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls