Last minute.com “Scam”

Back to Forum

This topic contains 18 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  LuganoPirate 15 Apr 2016
at 15:59

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• PeterCoultas
    Participant

MarcusGB
    +1

LuganoPirate
    Participant

While the above is certainly true in relation to sites like Lastminute.com and other TA’s it’s not necessarily the case with TMC’s like regular poster Tim Fitzgerald. They can and do arrange last minute bookings, changes etc and can hold a booking you’d normally have to pay upfront for.

arklys123
    Participant

I had a business with lastminute.com in January 2016. Terrible service, no response, no respect at all. Guess what happened, I found a deal to Mexico, made a booking with my credit card, all looked good, then I started to look for connecting flight to London and hotel, luckily I was slow and did not make a booking in about 5 hours, when got a call from lastminute, asking if I live in UK. I said no, what is the matter, then they said cannot sell vacation to non UK customer. What a hell, no warnings on their site, nothing. They informed refund will be in 7 days. I sent several emails to support, response never came back. Will never do business with such a company and do not recommend to do it for anyone.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I just book directly with the airline. I found lastmunute to be either the same price and sometimes even more expensive. Due to an urgent meeting I once booked Swiss to Singapore ex Lugano on Swiss’s website just one hour before the flight was due to take off and it all went seamlessly..

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls