LAS and LAX from LGW

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

NewBAexec
    Participant

What is the chance of this happening? I was talking to some pilots recently at T5 Heathrow and they said BA is looking into operating these two routes out of LGW as extra flights.
    I can see LAS moving down to LGW or maybe just an addition to the frequency, but LAX on the B777 from LGW?!

Hippocampus
    Participant

LAS is obviously doing very well and has reportedly had very high load factors. I could see an additional flight from LGW, but then again I’m not sure about BA duplicating long-haul routes at LGW and LHR.

Can’t see LAX happening from LGW, certainly not all year round.

It may be that post-ATI there might be enough demand to some of the major AA hubs from LGW, but again I think duplication is unlikely and I personally would rather BA targetted new/former routes at LGW.

The strategy has always been LHR is the hub and LGW is point to point leisure, but with a new owner at LGW and (shortly) new management at BA, who knows?

batraveller2
    Participant

I think LAS in unlikely as it is upgrading to a 747 from the summer. However, I am sure BA management / marketing (aka VintageKrug) will be able to answer.

JohnPhelanAustralia
    Participant

exbatraveller, what is the reference to VK as “BA management/marketing” ?? He’s made it abundantly clear he doesn’t work for BA, but is a shareholder and passenger. I know some people don’t like him and make juvenile and snide remarks about him – is that your intention? If so, then such personal attacks have no place on this forum.

DJ_London
    Participant

I understand from my cabin crew friend at BA that the LAS flight is upgrading to a 747 in four classes from April. The LAS is full daily. Most of the seats taken by BA crew on standby. There is no chance of the LAS flight moving to LGW or becoming an additional service – this just would not work 1) from an operational point of view and 2) pricing, marketing, etc.

batraveller2
    Participant

Apologies – I did not mean to offend and was meant to be said in a lighthearted manner.

I have benefitted many a time from the advice given and some advance warning of some sales (just before I would have purchased a full fare ticket) and am very grateful. And as all my travels are on BA, I always appreciate the insight.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls