LAN or Iberia to SCO?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

FlightDoctor
    Participant

I’m travelling to Santiago from Heathrow via Madrid in May and have the choice of flying with Iberia or LAN for the long-haul sector. Which airline offers the best business cabin? Also, I am a BA Gold Card holder – will these flights be eligible for Tier points and BA miles (the calculator on BA.com says “0”)??

VintageKrug
    Participant

If you are ticketed in Business Class or higher, all fares will earn full BA TPs on oneworld partners like LAN and IB.

Only some economy tickets would earn restricted amounts of TPs.

flyingbunny
    Participant

I did this route with LAN (although the first leg was with Iberia – you can check bag right through of course).
    I was very impressed with LAN business class and slept very well (7 or 8 hours out of the 13!) on the flat bed. It is a fully flat bed and the food was very good too.
    I have not flown Iberia so I cannot say which is best but LAN was not a disappointment!

Business Traveller has reviewed this route. See

http://www.businesstraveller.com/tags/LAN

For more reviews and comments on both Iberia and LAN visit http://www.seatplans.com

FrequentTraveller
    Participant

I flew to Santiago a few year ago. Although on a slightly different routing. BA from Heathrow to Buenos Aires, with a stop for refuelling and change of crew at San Paulo Brazil. Then LAN from Buenos Aires to Santiago.

The LAN flight had a BA code share flight number. I was travelling on two separate tickets. One for Heathrow to Buenos Aires and another from Buenos Aires to Santiago. I was able to through check by baggage at Heathrow all the way through to Santiago. But at Buenos Aires I needed to collect my boarding card from LAN. I did not need to go landside to do this. LAN ground staff meet the BA flight arrival to assist connecting passengers.

I was very impressed with the LAN flight. Service was better than BA. Modern aircraft, and seats which reclined to near flat, but not as flat as BA Club World seat. More than adequate for 2.5 hours.

I received BA tier points and BA miles for the LAN flight. I can’t comment on Iberia as it’s a while since I have flown on them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls