LAN B787-8 Dreamliner

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

A very good flight with LAN Chile from Frankfurt to Madrid which is operated by a 787, and continues on to Santiago I had a few minutes wait at check in, the agent was very professional and told me I could use the Air Canada lounge. This was strange as LAN is One World and AC Star Alliance. Security took longer than it should which seems to always be the case at FRA, Once I had got through I made my way to the lounge which was quite busy, with a large selection of hot and cold food and drinks. The lady on the desk was very welcoming and informative.

Boarding commenced and although there was a separate entrance for Business Class, it was closed and we had to enter with economy. I took my seat and a few minutes later the attendant offered me champagne, picso sour or water. The business cabin was 2x2x2 and I had a window seat with nobody next to me. The flight was about 80% full for the sector to Madrid, I am not sure how many were continuing to Santiago but I would say a majority were. The seat was comfortable and went lie flat as it would need to for the flight to SCL. The entertainment was fairly extensive with films, tv series etc.

Once we had taken off it took quite a while for the cabin crew to appear and commence service, probably 50 minutes which was strange for a short flight. We were offered a drink from the trolley, and then a cold platter, perfectly acceptable for this flight, no refill of wine offered though. We were then offered coffee and liqueur.

We landed in Madrid about 20 minutes early and everybody had to disembark with staff waiting to guide us to either baggage claim for those staying in Madrid, or to the departure area for those passengers continuing to SCL.

A really good way to get from Frankfurt to Madrid, flying a long haul business class product at a bargain price, collecting BA tier points and Avios on the way. Very good service from the friendly cabin crew. I will definitely take this flight again.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user FirstClassWannabe can be found here

basrabob
    Participant

I flew in business class with LAN recently from Santiago to Madrid on their B787-800, and I can honestly say that it is one of the best flights I have ever taken. In the last couple of months, I have also flown BA & Etihad in business class, and by comparison to them, in my opinion, they leave them in shadows. A nice crisp product. Fantastic cabin crew, good selection on IFE. What more could anyone ask for?

I am praying that they start flying to London, perhaps with a stop in Lima,,,saves BA having to use this route, which may be on their start list? As they do not currently to OW cities in Europe apart from Madrid..their other cities are Milan and Frankfurt.

AspirationalFlyer2
    Participant

Hi all – I saw the reverse flight leaving from the opposite gate to my LHR flight at Barajas Airport yesterday afternoon – the gate looked busy, so it seemed there was quite alot of people travelling on the flight. Almost every time I visit Madrid I see a LAN 787 at an adjacent/nearby gate – I’m tempted to fly the long way home the next time I visit! AF.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls