LA to Dublin via Heathrow – what happens if i get off at Heathrow?

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

• Mikeact
    Participant

We all know about Propeller and his particular circumstances of a couple of years back.

Mikeact
    Participant

They ‘may’ get billed, but very unlikely.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@FDoS, if the airline is able to bill the travel agent, why doesn’t the travel agent have terms with their client that states in the event of the airline re pricing the ticket and billing the travel agent for the difference, the travel agent has the right to charge the passenger either through his credit card or via invoice for the re pricing…

I understand and accept your discussion about the 3 course meal…. but if the airline can successfully extract funds from the travel agent, surely it would make sense for the travel agent to have a similar worded agreement with their client/customer/passenger…

Marc_ACB
    Participant

Is there an option of having a month or so stop over in London, then continue to DUB. This leg could be the start of your next EX-DUB flight pattern.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=825014]@FDoS, if the airline is able to bill the travel agent, why doesn’t the travel agent have terms with their client that states in the event of the airline re pricing the ticket and billing the travel agent for the difference, the travel agent has the right to charge the passenger either through his credit card or via invoice for the re pricing…

I understand and accept your discussion about the 3 course meal…. but if the airline can successfully extract funds from the travel agent, surely it would make sense for the travel agent to have a similar worded agreement with their client/customer/passenger…

[/quote]

Consumer Rights Act?

The airline-agent relationship is B2B

The agent-customer relationship is B2C (assuming it’s not a company)

So the laws regulating the two contracts are somewhat different.

I’m not a lawyer, so my opinions are not be relied on in any sense, I’m just expressing them for some entertainment!

Maybe Ahmad or IanfromHKG will come along and add their (meaningful) thoughts.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=825075]Is there an option of having a month or so stop over in London, then continue to DUB. This leg could be the start of your next EX-DUB flight pattern.

[/quote]

I think another poster on here does exactly that.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

The best solution for me used to be when a delay caused a missed connection at LHR, back to my ex-Europe starting point. You could generally sweet talk the ticket desk to change the final leg to an open business class ticket, meaning that you could then use that final sector as a positioning flight on a later date.

However, my last trip back from Asia was late into Heathrow and BA were 100% adamant that I had to fly the final leg, same day or lose the ticket. What I had a bigger problem with was separately ticketed Europe – back to LHR ticket, which BA were not going to change, even though they realised it was impossible for me to get into Europe in time due to the late arrival from a separately ticketed BA flight.

My advice would be to work the system to your advantage – but don’t try and beat it…..

Mikeact
    Participant

As you say, a particular travel agent that most of us know about, but very much a one off.

Defcon5
    Participant

Why bother flying BA? You have plenty of choice on the route so why not try another carrier? If price is the prerogative then fine, glad you have the time to ship over to DUB to enjoy Club World.

Virgin Dreamliner or NZ would be my preference and it would save the stress.

Defcon5
    Participant

Sometimes this website should be referred to as ‘The cheapest way to fly BA then complain about BA and how to get compensation from BA and then fly BA again and complain about them again and whinge to people who you don’t even know about again’

Live life and get there quickly, spend a few quid more and it’ll make you happier

Defcon5
    Participant

*Correction – I meant Forum not website, the actual news part serves its purpose.

Sounds like a Leisure Traveller forum with most people being retired talking about their holidays and how to be thrifty.

Defcon5
    Participant

My points I feel are relevant, this is a forum for Business Travel.

The content doesn’t bore me neither offend me. Is it relevant? Sometimes yes and sometimes no. Play somewhere else? I’ll keep watching, but thanks for your response.

stevescoots
    Participant

I bemoan BA but when i can get Ex EU LHR-AMS-HKG etc for £1900 for all flights out to HKG and at that time anything else was 2400+ its worth it. Add to that the Avios earned pays for a CX flight HKG to SGN and the total cost is down to 1600. It goes back to the other post value for money. BA sucks but I can live with that for £800 saved. Martyn, I have been in late before to make the connection and had the same issue.They changed my flight back to AMS to about 3 weeks later so i did not bother asking refund on the AMS back to LHR ticket, as you say play it dont try to hard to beat it

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls