Kuwait Airways

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Anonymous

Kentflyer
    Participant

A colleague has suggested that we fly First class to NYC on Kuwait Airways as this cheaper than most other business class fares. I am aware their product is not up there with BA and the like – and no alchol on board – but I wanted to try and get some feedback if anyone has sampled their F class product….

Aravindha
    Participant

I have sampled the Kuwait Airways Business Class product from Chennai-Kuwait-Cairo and it is a sure miss. The Planes are outdated and the staff plain rude. The entertainment is lacking and unless you feel happy to watch your clock tick ever second, you will be plain right bored.
    Anyday BA business class product is better than Kuwait’s

Hess963
    Participant

Without further ado… save your money, do not stress your nerves, lose faith in today’s airline first class—take one of the renowned airlines from London
    Believe me in the end of the day, the what so called savings–really not compensate your high blood, wasted time, deceptions and wrecked expectations…

Airpocket
    Participant

Yep, do yourself a favour and a choose another airline.In my experience, Kuwait Airways staff are rude and lazy…maybe its Kuwaiti thing.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Yet again another anti-Arab post, with no specifics to back up the comment.

I would question if “his experience” actually entailed personally flying on the airline in question….

I fear unless BT readers are flying on an Asian airline, perhaps using a SIM in his bedroom, that poster would not be satisfied.

Airpocket
    Participant

I did say “in my experience” which is as “specific” as one can get (presumably first hand experience counts, eh BT readers?).Perhaps in his haste to condemn, VintageKok (nope, that isn’t a typo) fails to think a bit about one’s statement.
    Anyway, I don’t blow the trumpet for Asian carriers. For instance, I think Air India and Biman are dire. And, the less said about PIA the better!
    I have nothing against European carriers: I recently flew KLM within Europe and found them perfectly acceptable.I would even try them on a long-haul sector in the near future.
    Indeed, I could even give VK’s paymaster BA a go once again, if I didn’t have a choice.

OzTraveller
    Participant

VintageKrug seems to have an opinion on any topic that comes up here… surely one of the world’s most frequent travellers it appears … however if the question is about an airline ( and in this case Kuwait which happens to be in the Mid East) and the reports from personal experience have been bad, then surely that’s the answer to the original enquiry. Is that anti MidEast or anti Arab or anti muslim?
    Your twisted bias shows just a little too often, VintageKrug. Or is it you have nothing else better to do?

Airpocket
    Participant

Lets not forget that there is absolute sod all to do at Kuwait International Airport!

SimonRowberry
    Participant

And you can’t even have a drink to deaden the pain (nor indeed on board).

Hess963
    Participant

Blokes !!! You are so right. I tried to forget the experiences with KU or Kuwait Airport or my trips to Saudi Arabia with SV. I think there are just parts of the world for frequent flyers which will demande are outmost abstinence and patience. If it is not really essential to travel to those places, I will be the first to stay far far away. Lucky that other Middle Eastern airlines like EK, EY, QR understand the meaning of diversities and consider the “western tastes “. Whuh!! what a luck indeed.

Airpocket
    Participant

You know, I often wonder how airlines like Kuwait stay afloat if they are so abysmal.Government subsidies perhaps?

Hess963
    Participant

KU and SV are subsidies by their government.. the problem is or the mystery is…what do they do with the subsidy?? Why do not they use the money to finally improve their aircrafts, service, seatings …..

OzTraveller
    Participant

Methinks the top brass are over paid .. subsidies, perhaps ..?

Airpocket
    Participant

Yes, indeed, where do all the subsidies go! Methinks, something rotten in the state of Kuwait!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls