KLM’s winter service to Phuket and Kuala Lumpur is cancelled

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

I know that some of you would normally travel to SE Asia in the winter months.

In which case you will be disappointed to hear this news.

Only three months ago KLM announced the relaunch of six long-haul destinations which were to include Phuket and Kuala Lumpur.

https://news.klm.com/klm-expands-intercontinental-network-this-winter-adding-six-new-destinations/

KLM had high hopes for the Phuket service. It was going to schedule four flights a week and these were to be rostered for a B777-300ER.

Today KLM’s VP network planning told Luchtvaartnieuws that, because of current conditions, the service to Phuket and Kuala Lumpur (it was to be a single flight) will not go ahead. [NL]

Further changes are possible.

https://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/categorie/2/airlines/klm-ziet-af-van-wintervluchten-naar-phuket

1 user thanked author for this post.

StephenLondon
    Participant

I think we are going to see quite a few cancellations of these optimistic route announcements in the coming weeks.

KLM seem to still be selling AMS-KUL flights (in December, 3x per week Sun, T, Th) with continuing service to Jakarta, however the return service operates via SIN.

It will make any hope of travel to sunny Asian destinations over the festive season quite a challenge still, sadly.

K1ngston
    Participant

Realistically all of Asia will be closed for business for most of 21 I fear! Even here in Singapore you will have to do minimum 7 and maximum 14 days quarantine, certainly not worth coming all this way for!

1 user thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

You were correct StephenLondon

Late this afternoon KLM tweeted news that three more destinations (this time in the US) will be cancelled this winter.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls