KLM resume DPS Service

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Hess963
    Participant

Hi everyone !!

I found this in KLM Site and wanted to share it with you. So for our Skyteam and KLM fans and who like to travel to DPS–it could be a nice treat for you !!

The resumed service will beginn on the 6. Dec. 2009. There will be a stop in SIN. I tried to book the route SIN-DPS ( just to give it a try ), but the system would not allow a booking. So it could only means no pax traffic rights between SIN-DPS ?? What a shame–it could actually heat up the competittion, don’t you think ??

Here is the info:
    http://corporate.klm.com/en/newsroom/press-releases/archive-2009/klm-resumes-service-to-denpasar-bali

MarcusUK
    Participant

Good to see. KLM always had a good use of this service, the Dutch links with Indonesia having a great history.

I travelled down to Australia with KLM also often via Singapore…ahh those wonderful heady days where a European Airline went half way around the world on the one aircraft!

The KLM crews used to like working these routes too, as they get to stop over longer, so rather nostalgic for them too!

Hess963
    Participant

Hi Mark !!

This might be interesting for you. KLM and GA are resuming their Interline agreement which was put on hold as GA was banned from EU airspace. The Interline is only the first stage, the next step will be the codeshare agreement–but it might take some time though. There are still some technicals to be finished first.

Indonesia is a big market with good potentials. GA is becoming interesting as a partner or at least on the way to it. With new competitive seatings in all classes and new prospects for improvements–who knows which alliance makes the first move ??

And then KLM might considering flying to Oz again–but that is absolutely very far in the future..

continentalclub
    Participant

KL would be crucifed on the SIN-DPS routing from a fares point of view by Jetstar. Added to which, SQ take the premium traffic and Garuda the rest.

The passengers who would value the KL DPS routing would be those originating in Europe and Indonesia, and I can see this being a potentially profitable route for KL on that basis.

As for the ‘wonderful heady days where a European Airline went half way around the world on the one aircraft!’, well, I can think of at least two European airlines that very much do.

Never let facts get in the way….

Hess963
    Participant

Hi everyone !!

Just to update you–GA management is planning to introduce the first GA European destination after long years of absence in European skies. This would be Amsterdam. GA is scheduling Jakarta with a technical stop in Dubai and than forwarding to Amsterdam. GA will be using the A330-200 with their new Economy Class and the Business Class with the full flat bed.

Let us hope that this time GA will stay for a long time in our EU skies and don’t get banned again. GA will definitely be a competition to be watched for other acclaimed airlines like SQ, MH, CX, TG, QR, EY, KLM flying to Indonesia. This airline has potential to do right this time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls