KLM – NO BAGS GUARANTEE

Back to Forum
Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)

• MarcusUK
    Participant

Alex has placed an interesting article in this months BT issue.

I flew back from Phuket – KUL-AMS with Business class Malaysian a month ago. Added on was my flight after a day in Amsterdam with KLM / Cityjet to LCY.

I thought i would check re my luggage with the KLM service desk..
    My luggage was in the system, & was in AMS C/O Schipol.
    But KLM did not have it in their system, so it had not been communicated across.
    Tags produced it was inserted in 2 minutes, & all arrived at LCY with my flight that eve.

Often, it is the Airports not just the carrier to blame, & certainly always worth to check yr luggage is en route with you if you change between carriers. Many Airlines computer Systems or certain outlying stations, don’t have a link up or across to the other carrier.

I had a suitcase “Crowbarred open” 2 yrs ago from Brazil with AF. This was the Airport security having the bag lying around for hours, never helps.

As for connections with KLM, I take the LCY service into AMS, always more reliable, as LHR too congested waiting for take off etc.
    I wouldnt ever make a connection time for Schipol less than 2 hrs.
    Plenty to do there, great lounges, Spa, museum etc, & often Long haul flights with KLM start boarding one hr before take off time.
    The Yotel is always great airside if you want to rest shower, sleep, have some quiet.

In my view, Schipol remains the best in the EU, & KLM (in the 15 yrs at 30 flights a year) have never let me down luggage wise, but then i always double check on connections of the luggage, which they always oblige.

The faults always seem to lie with the ground handling agents, & lack of systems between them & KLM, or on Airline to Airline transfers.

Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls