KLM New Business Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 115 total)

• MarcusUK
    Participant

Hi Swissdiver.
    Thanks for your link.

I have been flying KLM for over 18 years now, originally with KLMUK (seems ages ago!).

Course i have used many, if not most other European Airlines, as well as low cost. I have seen major transitions in that time more with KLM than any other Airline. Sadly, the buying out by AF, otherwise it would not have survived, but at least the Brand was kept.

Today, in my view, they have the best services in Europe. Flying to most European cities, and many other Passengers from North, East, and Southern Europe, choosing them to fly onwards from AMS.
    All new Aircraft within the last 5 years 737 7/8/9 -00’s, and Embraer 190’s.
    Business Class food is excellent, with hot meals, fantastic designs even for the dining sets, as well as in Long haul. The Crews are always pleasant, happy, amiable, and teamwork is clear, a genuine enjoyment, and this gives the feel on board. I find this on European flight and long Haul, in Business, and economy.

The KLM Crown Lounge at Schiphol is one of the largest in Europe, fabulous views over Terminals E-G, bright, calm, clean. Hi tech with reading material on i-pads in the lounge now, private TV area etc.
    The hot food could be better, but a good solid regular choice and all you could ask to drink.

The Skyteam Lounge in LHR T4 is also one of the best.

I have not seen these innovations, replacement fleets, or changes for the better with other Airlines in Europe. That is why myself and many other, choose to go via AMS with KLM to even European destinations, let alone long haul. We also save £3-400 a time with the less charges all round, from AMS.

I also became a shareholder last year, as i truly believe in their innovation and changes ahead. (my shares have made 40%).

I had two awful trips with BA in the last year, rude service, dirty planes shabby and falling apart inside in business class, not be bothered crew, and lost bags. One last minute trip with Ryanair was better!.

And as voted, I still find as do most, that Schiphol is the best transit airport in Europe.

I can only go on my experience, what i see, hear, and i know at least 50 others who travel and say the same.

It is a tough time for all, AF/KLM included. But i truly see and believe, the changes and efforts KLM are making, are pioneering, coming from the staff, and the best in Europe.

i am sure once announced and clear where and when the new Long Haul seats are fitted, that KLM will be one of the prime products for travel from Europe for Long Haul.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

MartynSinclair – 03/08/2013 12:29 GMT
    I think its very wrong for airlines to give to advertise a new seat without giving some indication which routes / times are going to benefit.

The worst culprit being BA for the past 4 or 5 years with “new first”.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Hi Vertrek

Thanks for that advice, will check it out!

(On their ‘site right now!)

MartynSinclair
    Participant

AOTG – I would agree with you 1000%, except NF was more of a make over, than a new product….

Vertrek
    Participant

Hi Marcus,

It seems like they have updated their plane arrangement, but for sure, 16 January’14 HKG-AMS has the upgraded seat. =)

Edski777
    Participant

Marcus, Vertrek,

I think that when KLM want to finish the conversion of their 747 fleet by March ’14 most will be converted by mid January ’14.

KLM may be a bit conservative in giving out information this early in the process in order not to disappoint too many passengers.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Is it easy to see from a timetable where KLM fly their 747’s?

CXDiamond
    Participant

I must say this looks excellent and the attention to detail is magnificent. In terms of space it’s always good to compare business class to BA F and that puts the generous space most airlines offer in C into a realistic perspective when you compare the 15 C seats KL have in the same space as BA have 14 F seats.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Hi Marcus,
    Generally I tend to like KLM. Their current seat is however clearly below standard. And this is my main criteria when travelling long haul. And honestly their lounge is far from being at par with BA’s T5 (in terms of wine, showers, massage, …). That said, there is one thing I absolutely love with KLM: the limited chances to fly on an horrendous Airbus (although very unfortunately they were forced by AF to buy A330s).

Vertrek
    Participant

Swiss,

As much as I love KLM and they are my favoorite, I agree that their lounge offering (especially food) should be improve. Having said that, after living in this beautiful Netherlands for almost a year, I have come to realise that the Dutch only have hot meal for dinner, which mean only bread for breakfast and bread plus soup for lunch (it takes me awhile to get used to it). Perhaps this is the reasoning behind the food offering at the lounge? 🙂

I have to disagree with you about Airbus. I love Airbus. ;-p

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Hello Vertrek

But KLM is an international carrier. Most of its passengers are not originating in or destined for Holland. So one wouldn’t expect the AMS lounge to reflect Dutch earting habits.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Sorry for the typo … I meant “eating habits.”

MartynSinclair
    Participant

AMW – just one letter out from a possible red card :))

Vertrek
    Participant

Hi AMW,

It’s a theory. 🙂
    But hopefully some KLM management read this forum and upgrade their food offering.

But getting back to the topic, their new WBC seat will really put them back on top of the chain again! And combining their legendary service and fantastic meals. KLM is back in the game! 🙂

V

dutchyankee
    Participant

@Vertrek,

`And combining their legendary service and fantastic meals. KLM is back in the game!` I would highly disagree. Being a Dutch national, and having had to endure countless KLM long haul flights early in my life of travel to the Middle East, onward to the Far East, and to North Africa, the only thing legendary about KLM was their horrendous service and the oldest crew in the air of any airline. I dont believe KLM were ever in the game, so they are certainly not back, but maybe, finally, entering the game.. Perhaps it is the old habit of always being more judgemental on your home grown airline than another, but as I have said on this forum many times in the past, while I live in both Belgium (Antwerp) and the Netherlands (Breda area), and flying from Schiphol or Brussels would be easier, I avoid it like the plague to avoid flying KL and to a lesser extent SN. I opt mainly to fly BA who I find far superior to KL in almost every way, and more and more these days flying LX/OS as I am back and forth to Russia for business at the moment.

It is of course a personal choice, while they are not perfect I have rarely had a bad flight with BA. The opposite is true re: KL whereby in the past I have almost never had a pleasant flight with them. It has been a number of years, so perhaps I should give it a try again as it sounds like, at least from a number of you here, that KL has had a bit of a transformation.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 115 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls