KLM lounge at AMS

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

In a few weeks I will be in transit at AMS and it will be the first time with lounge access. I have no idea what to expect? I was reading last night on the KLM website that there is a smoking area. Is this actually in the lounge?

ViajeroUK
    Participant

Gave up smoking more years ago than I care to remember, but I am sure that the KLM lounges have smoking areas separated from the main lounge area by a glass partition.

glbetrkkr
    Participant

KLM has great lounge/s at AMS. Very open with tons of natural lighting coming in, great views of aircraft as well as plenty of space. Naturally, being a hub airport, the lounge was busy, but my companion and I did find seats. It’s open bar/self serve including the warm buffet. Sure beats any lounge here in the States.

MarcusUK
    Participant

Hi Alexpo.

If you go to The Crown Lounge / Intercontinental, you access this from the First floor above E/F.
    You can check out the RijksMuseum Gallery nearby, and the Dutch qualified Physio Centre for a massage,Waterjet massage, O2 and menu etc… on the way, the library, and Piano to play on the way!
    If you access the first floor from the main body of the Terminal before the old looking BA lounge, you will see the history of KLM displayed along a corridor, with colourful posters of advertisements at different period of aviation history throughout KLM’s ?95 year history now.

The lounge is very spacious, but always quite busy, fantastic views out towards the aircraft surrounding the terminals E/F, light and quiet.
    Nice feel to the lounge, quiet and no one shouting down their phones, people remain a little more discreet in there, probably as a result of its design and colours cheme, good psychology.
    Depends on the time of day, but a good range of healthy foods, and an OK hot meal, with salads, soups, and the usual excellent selection of bar and soft drinks, with Douwe Egberts coffee machines, decent coffee. The main foods are near the entrance area and staff stations as you enter.

There is a and individual TV section, Ipad at the reading area for the newspapers and magazines in addition to some paper versions. there are 3/4 stations for the foods and drinks around the lounge, this being one of the largest and most open and panoramic in Europe.

The smoking area is up the little ramp straight ahead, and towards the left top corner. it has its own beverage section in there. Funny Dutch rules announced at certain times, that it is “closed for several periods of 30 mins for cleaning, in accordance with Dutch Law”

We can us this for UK departures from AMS, as well as non Schengen, and it is one of the best in Europe.
    KLM will be refurbishing them, but not sure as to the plans, but they look, feel good as they are, and a very pleasant place to stay.
    Enjoy.

skywards
    Participant

Alexpo, When you enter the lounge turn left and walk all the way to the end of the lounge…that’s where the smokers lounge is.

FlyerDoc
    Participant

Hi Alexpo,
    I was there a year ago heading to singapore. The lounge is large, modern, bright with lots of seating and good views. The shower facilities are excellent. I thought the Heineken on tap was a nice touch, however, the food was very poor, and the wine average.
    Over all i thought it was inferior In comparison to T5 galleries silver.
    Enjoy your trip!

PatJordan
    Participant

Alexpo,

I was in KLM’s AMS lounge a couple of weeks ago, the one numbered 52 on the signs.

Very big, comfy seats, and a dedicated smoking area which I didn’t notice until it was almost time to go!

The views of the apron are good…747 noses are almost close enough to touch.

Like other posters, I found the food to be no more than average. The Chicken curry I tasted was made from processed chicken, not at all pleasant.

Depending which airline you’re using it can be a longish walk to the gate.

Hope this helps!

Thanks everyone!

It’s a mid-morning longhaul KL departure so I will be happy with a coffee plus a couple of glasses of wine plus a few smokes….I am easily pleased lol

esselle
    Participant

There is also a good casual dining spot adjacent to the lounge, Café Amsterdam, which has an OK casual dining menu, some good beers, and its own smoking lounge at the rear.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls