KLM FlyingBlue

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Happy New Year All.

I’m a wee bit of a KLM fanboy and fly them regularly, am Gold status with a reasonable amount of points. I have a rewards flight booked to Paris from EDI to watch France v Scotland from behind my fingers whilst complaining a lot about how rubbish Scotland are. I am flying home directly after the match as it is a 21:30 flight and from Stade de France to the airport is a breeze. AF changed the flight to 20:10 meaning the flight time is no longer suitable.

I called Flying Blue and explained the flight was no use now and I needed to change to Monday, which I know cost a ton more points (I had originally looked at booking the Monday but it was 4x the points) but the agent said it could not be done, all I could do was cancel and rebook at the higher fare. Of course, all the flights are expensive as there are other gluttons for punishment spending their hard-earned to go watch France steamroller the Scots. I explained to the agent that had I booked the flight with Pound notes, and AF changed the flight it is AF’s responsibility to book me onto another more suitable flight at no cost. She agreed, put me on hold for a bit then came back and changed the flight to the much more expensive (and actually far more suitable for me) Monday AM flight back to Bonnie Scotland.

I did have to persevere though, it would appear knowing the rights and wrongs in advance of phoning these agents is paramount to success in getting the right levels of service. A significant part of that success is my knowledge from being part of this forum and learning from the many seasoned travellers herein.

Thought I’d let you know in case you encounter same “computer-says-no” with a reward flight.

Rgds,
    AOTG.

6 users thanked author for this post.

tomwjsimpson
    Participant

As FlyingBlue gold also, I’ve always found them to be really good on the phone. They changed my flight previously but not my partners – I called and I was changed to the same flight FOC, no questions or issues!

1 user thanked author for this post.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

[postquote quote=1335823]

I agree, they are excellent on the phone and during COVID they were brilliant with me changing flights A LOT as the goalposts moved weekly.

Ultimately I got the service I wanted but I had to press for it and cite the rulebook to them, that’s the only small issue to report.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls