KLM Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

epeek06
    Participant

Background:
    KLM have gradually started replacing their ageing Fokker’s with Embraer 190’s. The route AMS-GVA is normally served with either Boeing 737-700’s or Embraer 190’s. The Embraer 190 was used for this flight.

Check-in:
    Upon arriving early at Schipol Airport, I directly went to Sky priority to check in. About 8 desks were open, to which I was served instantaneously, within 1 minute I was on my way towards security check. Using the Sky priority fast line I went through in no time.

Having stopped by one of the delicatessen shops to buy some traditional Dutch Gouda, I directed myself towards the lounge open from 4h45 to 21h00

Lounge:
    KLM have two Crown lounges in Schipol airport, The lounge itself is very spacious, and could easily accommodate 200 passengers. A large circular self service buffet/bar is available, with wifi and power ports. A friendly KLM assistance desk is at one’s disposal for any inquiries.

Once inside, I sat in one of the numerous comfy sofas, plugged in my iPad, while watching ‘The Terminal’ I was served by a young lady going around the lounge with a tray of fresh chicken satay skewers, delicious.

I helped myself with some more food and beverages at the bar where they served a variety of red and white wines, champagne, liquor, fresh juices, and sodas. The Food consisted of freshly cooked pasta, variety of cheeses, ham’s, and bread.

Access to lounge is free to all Flying blue Gold and Platinum member’s and partner airlines with same status, Access fee is demanded to Silver member’s.

Boarding:
    Arriving at gate B36, a ten minute walk from the lounge, boarding started instantaneously to which I was able to get on board the aircraft in no time.

Which seat to choose?:
    The Europe business class on the Embraer 190 is configured 2-2 with two rows. The first row has large amounts of leg room due to no seats in front

The Seat:
    I sat in 2A, a seat with sufficient leg room, no one sat next to me which gave me the benefit of having more space for my personal belongings.

Flight:
    As I entered the aircraft, my jacket was taken by the friendly steward to put in the closet. Upon sitting down, I was offered a bottle water wit a glass. The newspaper (Financial times and Tribune de Genève) was distributed among fellow passengers.

The take off was delayed by ten minutes, as 5 fellow passengers did not show up for boarding, thus their luggage needed to be taken off the aircraft.

After take off, the steward individually came to each passenger addressing them by name to take in their light lunch order a side salad served with either brie cheese or salmon sandwich. I had opted for the salmon, which was very tasty. With this meal I had ordered champagne which was served with professionalism and a smile. From what I could see the economy passengers received drinks of their choice with a bag of peanuts.

25 minutes after service I decided to use the restroom at the front, clean and spotless, the only problem was that there was insufficient ceiling space that one had always have to sit down when using the toilet.

The flight attendant asked me if I was willing to fill out a survey for them, to which I gladly accepted with a big smile.

Arrival:
    Upon arrival with a 10 min delay, the Pilot excused himself for this delay. Getting off the plane was easy and quick, on the way out I was given my jacket and was greeted farewell by the flight attendant and Pilot who came out to greet the passengers.

As Switzerland is part of the Shengen no passport control was required. Luggage was delivered within 10 minutes of arriving at the conveyor belt.

Verdict:
    Having experienced different airline business products in Europe, KLM stood out of the ordinary with their professionalism and friendliness of the flight crew. A very good light menu, with distinctive cutlery is one of the reasons why I would fly with this airline again!

epeek06
    Participant

Please note the title is erroneous, it was KLM Europe Business class (Embraer 190)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls