KLM Christmas jumper… and New Year strike

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Those of you still looking for a Christmas gift for loved ones may want to consider the KLM Christmas jumper. According to the blurb:

“More and more people are wearing Christmas jumpers during the festive season. With demand for jumpers rising, KLM has responded with this 100 per cent acrylic, KLM-blue jumper, costing just EUR 29.95 excluding shipping costs. Our exclusive “Flying home for Christmas Jumper” will allow you to take the festive spirit with you wherever you are headed in the world.”

https://shop.klm.com/en/klm-christmas.html

In less good news, The FNV trade union has called a one-day strike for cabin crew in early January, which according to the union (reported via dutchnews.nl) “could lead to no KLM flights leaving Schiphol airport on January 8”.

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2017/12/klm-cabin-crew-set-for-24-hour-strike-on-january-8/

KLM-jumper-new

Edski777
    Participant

Although a huge fan of KLM based on my experiences last months I will not be seen in these X-mas jumpers. Not entirely my style. 😉

For your comment on the strike on January 8: FNV is a relatively small union. Only 1500 of the 9000 cabin attendants are members of FNV. The larger union, VNC, has stated not to particpate in this strike. This gives KLM the opportunity to schedule the flights of cabin attendants who are members of FNV in such a way that flight schedules will not be affected.

Furthermore KLM has announced it will take FNV to court in an effort to have the strike forbidden.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

30€ for 100% acrylic?

I was looking at some fine James Pringle 100% lambswool sweaters at the weekend, for about the same and they did not have a hideous design on them.

capetonianm
    Participant

I was mildly interested until I saw that it’s acrylic. I wouldn’t buy 100% acrylic for €5. As it happens I am wearing a pure wool Pringle sweater whci I bought last year for about £60. Far better value and it’s plain blue.

canucklad
    Participant

3 days to late, would have loved to have turned up for my Christmas jumper night out wearing this garish number. Would definitely have been the envy of my mates.

100% acrylic suggests that the KLM fashion buyer might just be moonlighting from their day job with marks and sparks…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls