KLM A330-200 World Business Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

I was in transit so cannot comment on check-in. The lounge at Schiphol is bright and roomy and not overly crowded with a reasonable selection of food and drink.

I boarded last so cannot comment on how it was managed. The flight was full but the cabin still felt fresh and roomy. The seat is comfortable for sitting and eating. I only snoozed but it still seemed very comfortable for sleeping.

The food and drink were good but best of all were the crew who were friendly but gracious. But it all went wrong on landing.

I had had a tight connection and was worried my bag wouldn’t make it. Once it looked like most bags had been claimed I spoke to the handling agent (Air France) and asked if they knew by chance that my bag hadn’t made it. They said it was on a list that “might not have made it”. I said, “so I can go now and you’ll deliver it when it does finally get here?” “no, we’re not certain, so you must wait until we are told the last bag has cleared customs. If you leave and it turns up you will be charged for the delivery”.

After another 30 minutes they agreed that it looked hopeless so I was to go through customs and make my claim in the office groundside. It was shut. I waited another 20 minutes for them to show up.

I called the next day to enquire about my bag. They said they did not know if it was on that day’s flight despite the fact that it had already taken off. In fact it was, and it was delivered later that night. For them twice to say that they didn’t know if my bag was on the plane or not, in these security conscious days, is apalling.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls