KL Hotel Recommendations?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• David
    Participant

Thank you all very much indeed for the very thorough introduction to KL and exhaustive list of recommendations for both accommodation and food/drink! It seems like I’m in for a treat and I’ll let you know how I made out on my return (will be at the MO or Shangri La).

Best wishes…

smith101
    Participant

I can recommend the Mandarin Oriental. Great location, great service, great breakfast buffet and a lovely pool if you have the time to enjoy it.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Great recommendations here but I would repeat the earlier advice about checking where your meetings are. If you are meeting government officials, for example, it is likely to be in Putrajaya which is a looooooong way from downtown! Yes, I made that mistake once….

6Continents
    Participant

Mandarin Oriental for me too.

peterwest
    Participant

I have stayed there many times and it is a super hotel with easy access to the twin towers, however, in order to build the hotel and towers they got rid of an excellent racecourse which if you were staying at what used to be the Hilton in the old days you could watch the racing there without having to get involved with all the crowds! One spooky thing was to see the racecourse full of people without any horses, punters watching the races on the big screen from Singapore or Ipoh or Penang and gambling like hell.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls