Kenyan Air B787

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

Swissdiver
    Participant

Never flown the B787. Going to Nairobi soon. And Kenyan Air is operation this aircraft from CDG. Is it a good idea to try or shall I stay with a safe solution such as BA or Swiss? Reviews on Seatplan unfortunately do not cover this aircraft…
    Thanks

SimonS1
    Participant

I get the impression the 787 is starting to settle down now so I suppose it’s a matter of personal preference. I have always found KQ a decent airline, no better or worse than BA.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ve limited experience of KQ, and it’s all been inter Africa, but what experience I’ve had has been good. However, given the choice between KQ (via CDG) and Swiss, I’d fly Swiss without hesitation even if the fare is a bit more.

Swissdiver,

I’d say go for it! I’ve taken KQ on a few occasions these past few years and found them reliable.

KQ’s new B787s are the first on the African continent to offer fully-flat beds upfront. In coach they offer a decent 33″ seat pitch and good-size PTVs.

I’ve always found KQ’s cabin service attentive and cheerful. Food was not bad either.

Dominic

sparkyflier
    Participant

I have not been on KQ recently but when I last flew them a few years ago they were very good indeed, with efficient service and personable and professional crew. The 787 “seems” to be more reliable now, so I would be inclined to give them a try.

canucklad
    Participant

The people I know who travel to nairobi on a regular basis prefer KQ for overall service over BA, if that’s a help.

SenatorGold
    Participant

However, the KQ lounge at Nairobi is truly awful like much of the airport currently. Hardly any space and not agreeable for a stay of any length of time. The BA lounge has, I believe, been refurbished relatively recently.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Thank you all! Very helpful

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls