Kenya Airways B737-800 Economy (short haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

MargrethaMartin
    Participant

Leaving Monrovia the check in was smooth and efficient but no priority baggage labels were to be had.

Boarding took quite a while. I have a problem with late passengers who keep a plane waiting. When being seated found the seat to be broken 11G… no other seats available. I had to put up with this. We were re routed to Lagos because of no fuel in Accra. 2 hours on journey urgh!

Arriving in Nairobi found that we had missed connecting flights due to delay in Monrovia as well as the re routing. Why could another plane not be added to the route to accommodate the late flight. It could have been delayed by 1/2 hour. If they can wait for late passengers why not wait for a late plane to arrive.

Instead of arriving in South Africa at 9:50 we arrived 12:10 not good enough for an Airline who logo and charter is “THE PRIDE OF AFRICA”.

When boarding again had the same plane when supposedly it was to be another plane I had the same broken seat. So my whole flight Morovia- Jhb I had a broken seat. The aircraft of Kenya Airways are old and tired and need total refurbishment of the cabins especially for the high price of the tickets even in economy. Food is tasty but too much spicy food is served especialy for Breakfast and not much variety. I fly frequently. Cabin crew are friendly but not very attentive. I hope my flight on the 9th March is better than previously.

How about putting the seating plans on the Web for the planes that are being used. The seating plan for the 737-800 is not accurate an not the same as when booking the seat.

One needs to know more about the seat. Seat choice is crucial when booking a seat. In seating plans Kenya Airways do not feature. Whats the problem. Come on Kenya Airways PLAY THE GAME with your travellers try and live up to your slogan “THE PRIDE OF AFRICA” which at the moement leaves a lot to be desired. I had to put in short haul. I do not think Departing from Johannesburg 00:40 to arriving Monrovia 15:10 is a short haul.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls