Keith Williams retiring

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

• Anonymous

rferguson
    Participant

To be replaced by none other than….VUELING CE Alex Cruz. Interesting times ahead!

Charles-P
    Participant

I thought he was great in “Carry On Doctor” 🙂

superchris
    Participant

well thats something to look forward to then…..

SSTBeliever
    Participant

Not far to reach the bottom in this race now then!

rferguson
    Participant

Yup. Soon we will be like ‘Scoot’.

sparkyflier
    Participant

The end of BA as we know it?

transtraxman
    Participant

I am estounded by the remarks said so far on this thread about Alex Cruz..

What is it about him that makes you cringe? Is he not made in the same mold as Willie Walsh? Did not WW turn round Aer Lingus and then went on to BA?

Has not Vueling proved to be the most innovatory of the LCCs, setting the guidelines which others now follow, including Ryanair? Therefore, cannot Vueling´s COE step up to a more demanding job?

Please, if you have to make a comment do not make a prejudiced one. I, for one, am sure he will do an excellent job.

openfly
    Participant

Day 1 Alex Cruz will impose the Veuling style operation on BA Gatwick.

transtraxman
    Participant

If you are going to criticise then get your brands right.

ImissConcorde
    Participant

transtraxman

+1

WillieWelsh
    Participant

I think it’s more true to say that Aer Lingus was getting over Willie Walsh and was doing nicely until the shareholders got greedy and bailed out.

Good to see a topic like this flushing out the BA apologists, just like the old days on this forum all of a sudden.

I for one won’t be going near BA again any time soon.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

“Please, if you have to make a comment do not make a prejudiced one. I, for one, am sure he will do an excellent job.”

That is just as prejudiced opinion as the comments you are criticising

Shall we just agree to let everyone have their own opinion, in peace?

CXDiamond
    Participant

BA are clearly stepping up their race to the bottom.

I had a recent experience of BA’s F product on the A380 and it was no better than CX business class in terms of seat and and the food was inedible. I only used it because I couldn’t get on SQ in F or C on any of their four flights a day over a two day period.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Whilst having some major reservations about the direction that BA/IAG has taken of late (reduced seat pitch in CE, general penny-pinching around the overall pax experience…), I for one am delighted that, for once, a senior management position has gone to someone who is not a bloody accountant. Better still, the guy is a polyglot who’s been around the block. For those of you who are interested, Cruz’s CV and previous experience is set out in his Linkedin profile:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexalex

And it was not “Scoot” that he was involved in, it was Clickair. He’s also worked across a range of carriers: legacy and LCC.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls