Justin Rose

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Well done to Justin Rose, sponsored by British Airways, for winning his first major, the US Open.

I hope this will encourage BA to show a larger range of sports news and eventually live feeds of major sporting events as part of the IFE.

Also makes a change to see a golfer being sponsored by an airline rather than Netjets…

TominScotland
    Participant

Thanks, Martyn, for highlighting this considerable achievement by Rose – maybe not English born (the Safa accent is still there) but as close as it gets!!

That said, I am really surprised that we have not seen either of the following posts in response:

1. Typical, bean-counting, penny-pinching BA in sponsoring a single major winner – other airlines (examples here) would have paid out what it takes to sponsor multiple winners such as Tiger etc etc.

or

2. What a typical waste of money by BA, money that could have been invested in decent biscuits (Walkers?) in the T5 lounges ……..

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Tom, I only noticed the BA logo on Justin’s collar right at the end. Obviously BA didn’t pay enough to have a more prominent position for the camera’s to focus in on. Net Jets seem to have these golf events pretty much tied up. I have seen the private jets lined up at the nearest airport and as each player (netjet sponsored) falls by the wayside, they are transferred to the airport hop into their “limo”.

A couple in the past have been sponsored by Boeing ..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls