Just Me, Or Does Kevin Spacey Look Uncomfortable in AA F

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

The new American Airlines First Class advert is playing widely; I like the concept, but he does look a tad uncomfortable as he sits down at the end, as if to say “nine hours in this?”:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNI36twOfDc

The cabin and seatcoverings are, as ever, hideous.

Like someone’s granny did the interior in 1972 from curtains and finally found a use for the remnants of leather gear she found in granpa’s secret drawer after his demise.

Bucksnet
    Participant

When I first saw the advert I thought it was business class. Watching again I can now see ‘First Class Cabin’ in the bottom right.

At least it makes the new BA first look good.

NTarrant
    Participant

The seat is enough to put you off, it just does not look the part to be First. It looks a like a Club Europe seat on a B737 would be more comfortable!

Bucksnet
    Participant

It looks roughly the same as the domestic short haul first class, but with more seat pitch.

It fact it looks like a domestic 767.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Piles, maybe?

HonestCrew
    Participant

Always makes me chuckle the number of American customers who ask “is that first class?”, to which I reply, “no, that’s economy plus.”

What sort of first class product do the major US airlines offer on their domestic routes? It has been years since I flew one. I only really remember not having a life jacket, the small notice in front of me telling me to take my seat cushion with me in the event of a ditching, just as we blasted off over Lake Michigan (!)

VintageKrug
    Participant

Domestic F is actually quite tolerable if you like a large seat. Catering is vile and booze tolerable, IFE content is rubbish, if they have it.

I sat next to a well travelled, but obviously naive, American in Club once. He was very impressed with “First Class”. He was pleased his secretary had taken the risk of booking BA. He was amazed when I told him he was flying Business Class; sadly it was a three class aircraft, so he couldn’t sample F.

Bucksnet
    Participant

This sort of first class product: –

http://www.airliners.net/photo/American-Airlines/Boeing-737-823/1607801/L/&sid=cc48cd69b29a1b453f195efb2a061b3e

Same seats as economy except wider and more pitch. Must be better than Club Europe though, except for the service.

HonestCrew
    Participant

..and is the price difference similar to that of European carrier’s economy/business class?

(& thanks for the pic Bucks)

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

HonestCrew: No. In some case a lot more expensive as the differences is greater.

RichHI1
    Participant

He probably looks uncomfortable as the seats are so hard, though new BA style turndown service as part of One World improved it. Only real advantage AA first has over BA is legroom and space generally. They are much much less cramped than the BA First seats. I can stretch out when lying down which is impossible on BA.
    They make a lot of noise about the swivel seats so you face window direct or dine and hold meetings face to face in middle seats using a real seat rather than the ottoman on BA. Does nothing for me though.
    On decor I don’t notice much difference between carriers. AA plus point is no fake wood veneer. You get a feeling of space that some carriers lack (particularly when they take the cubicle route.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Looks to me like he needs more spacey.

RichHI1
    Participant

Which is probably why he is on AA not BA. Still think a cushion would help.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls