June 27th: BA’s 787 Dreamliner at Heathrow

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

peterhouse
    Participant

Just looking out at BA’s Dreamliner at Heathrow right now.

The British Airways 787 departed Paine Field in Everett, Washington on Wednesday and was welcomed to its Heathrow home by Willie Walsh, chief executive officer of International Airlines Group (IAG), the company that owns British Airways.

“The 787 is a tremendous, innovative aircraft which sets new standards for environmental performance and operating efficiency and I’m sure British Airways’ customers will love it,” said Walsh.

“The 787 will become a mainstay of the British Airways fleet over the next few years.”

British Airways has announced that the airline will operate the 787 from Heathrow to Toronto from September 1 and Heathrow to Newark from October 1 2013.

JohnHarper
    Participant

I watched it for a while on Flightradar this morning, it seemed to make several circuits of the Watford stack prior to approach. I somehow expected it would enjoy an expedited approach but I suppose it had to get used to normality!

Bullfrog
    Participant

Delighted to see BA take delivery on the modern & advanced 787.

Disappointing that there is no First Class & an outdated mediocre CW business seat.

Hippocampus
    Participant

Future 787 deliveries will feature First Class.

You might be pleasantly surprised by the Club World cabin when you actually see it.

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Hopefully carry a spare set of batteries..eh

peterhouse
    Participant

I think Club World is great; I’ve been upgraded a couple of times and it’s great to be able to get some proper shut eye.

Much better than the slidy seats on Lufthansa and American Airlines.

Looks like a slightly updated version of Club World for the 787 from the pictures on the website:

http://www.britishairways.com/assets/images/information/flight-information/boeing-787/750x422_clubworld_seat.jpg

http://www.britishairways.com/assets/images/information/flight-information/boeing-787/750x422_clubworld_dark.jpg

I like the swoosh at the end of the cabin – looks very First Class to me.

pdtraveller
    Participant

Whilst Club World is undoubtedly a very good product it is unquestionably dated. It may be better than LH and other slidey chairs but the gulf between it the CX/AA new product is huge. BA are also the first major airline to introduce a new aircraft and retain existing products.

The 787 will have a shiny new cabin and from the images also the “billy no mates” middle seats similar to the upper deck of the A380.

It will be great for the lucky few who happen to be on the routes it will fly but in the mean time the competition will continue to develop better products and services.

BA’s dominance at LHR and the contraints on competition caused by its inadequate infrastructure are daily more telling and the passenger at LHR are not getting the best deal.

A new airport and fully open skies are urgently required.

DutchinSwitzerland
    Participant

Hi Pdtraveller, BA are certainly not the first both AF and LH introduced their A380 with a dated product in Business. It recently became clear that at LH this was due to certification issues with the product that was later launched with the 748-i
    I have only flown on BA in CW once but personally liked the product as it is lie-flat which is most important for me

JohnHarper
    Participant

Am I right in thinking that no other carrier has thus far launched the A380 or 787 without introducing at least one new premium cabin? Let’s not pretend that BA F is new and C is ancient to the point of decay. Such a shame but there is certainly no wow factor to look forward to if you’ve been on other A380s and IME the 787 was nothing special anyway.

Tipperary
    Participant

Can I fly to Sydney on the 787?

What is so bad about the business class on this plane, it looks OK to me…?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls