Joon – the new airline from Air France

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

• pheighdough
    Participant

I see that Air France have announced JOON as their new airline for Millenials (18-35 year olds).

Where does this fit into the market? I’ve read their press releases and to me it’s non-sensical wording that doesn’t actually say much.

Anyone else got an insight or opinion?

http://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/local/joon/nouvelle-compagnie.htm

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

MartynSinclair
    Participant

A new brand in my mind is just a gimmick, but a new model or travel experience aimed at the next generation of leisure / business travellers is refreshing and very interesting.

Not wishing to make too much of a sweeping statement, but the next generation, dress, work, communicate & have different expectations to the senior managers and professionals (in the older age group) of today. In the main, though, the travel experience is only just coming into the digital age.

If Air France / Joon are concentrating on the next generation & making full use of digitalisation / transformational change, then good luck – it will be interesting to see.

canucklad
    Participant

God help us all…..

Planes full of people, not talking to each other, incapable of intellectual thought between them.
    Rather, their heads firmly stuck up Kim Kardahians backside via their mobile phone.

Cabin crew trained to ignore you as they update their statuses on Facebook.

Hopefully a marketing gimmick, rather than reality !

FDOS_UK
    Participant

The graphic looks like ‘loony’ to me πŸ˜‰

openfly
    Participant

What has happened to HOP?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

In my opinion it’s pointless. I give it two years top before it closes or is simply wrapped into AF.
    Why would they want to start another airline as competition to themselves? It’s really nonsensical.
    Time as always will tell!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Gentleman, exactly my point; the Joon is for Millennials, not grumpy old men smoking cigars and drinking G & T’s :)))….

K1ngston
    Participant

And missing their 1970’s mobiles huh Martyn …… πŸ™‚

Ah,Mr.Bond
    Participant

Absolutely none of this makes any sense;
    “Air France on Thursday (Jul 20) unveiled a new lower-cost subsidiary called Joon that will specifically target well-travelled millenials”
    “Joon is aimed at helping Air France compete with the increasingly intense competition Gulf airlines such as Emirates”
    “Joon will not be a low-cost airline as it will offer original products and services that reflect those of Air France.”
    Is it low cost or not? Low cost will in no way compete with the likes of Emirates!
    Sounds like AF are running around like headless chickens.

capetonianm
    Participant

“Sounds like AF are running around like headless chickens.”

That could apply to the entire nation. The only things they are punctual and efficient about are going on strike and having lunch.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=819884]β€œSounds like AF are running around like headless chickens.”

That could apply to the entire nation. The only things they are punctual and efficient about are going on strike and having lunch.

[/quote]

Can’t disagree with either comment. πŸ˜‰

Martyn, if it means the Millennials will all fly Joon and on AF I can smoke my Beheke while sipping a barrel aged Rum telling non PC Jokes and making (what is now considered non PC) comments, then bring it on and I’ll swap my allegiance from Swiss to AF!!!

Or must I now change my name to Lugano Dinosaur?

drflight
    Participant

JOON breaks the mold, dressing its cabin crew like its customers: with contemporary elements, the new uniform is based on a trendy and comfortable minimalist style.

Judging by the attire of passengers around me on recent flights, this does not bode well!

transtraxman
    Participant

I am surprised that the new airline is being launched this autumn. I would have expected it to be launched 01-06-2018.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Capetonian

“That could apply to the entire nation. The only things they are punctual and efficient about are going on strike and having lunch.”

We taught them everything they know. Makes one proud to be a Brit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls