Joke of the day

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

hk_brian
    Participant

When I dropped my bag at the airline counter, the officer asked: “Are you traveling to Soviet Union?” I said: “I didn’t know that I would be traveling with time machine.”

SimonS1
    Participant

Maybe it was funny at the time 😉

ReggieHo
    Participant

hk_brian It is bizarre that there is still airline staff using the term “Soviet Union”. What airport did you depart from and what airline were you taking?

TravelWise
    Participant

hk_brian, were you travelling to Moscow with Ryanair? You know they say its Moscow but actually they land you in the Soviet Union. Thats just how far away Ryanair can actually land you from your intended destination 😉

Made me smile.

TravelWise
    Participant

Thinking more about it, your should have said “no, I am just connecting to a flight for Czechoslovakia”.

:-))

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Sorry. Don’t get it???

TravelWise
    Participant

LP, are you serious? It’s light hearted humour?
    hk_brian was asked if he is travelling to the Soviet Union? Which ceased its existence in around 1991 (I think), hence his light joke, “am I travelling by time machine”
    I added about Ryanair, to suggest that they manage to get you so far from where you want to be by actually going back in time? ha ha ha.
    You know Ryanair? They tell you they are going to Manchester but land you in Liverpool, having paid the airport to change its name to “Manchester West”.
    My additional comment about the connecting flight was rhetorical humour as Czechoslovakia also ceased its existence in around 1992/93

I think the slight comedy value is lost when such a debrief is needed. Never mind.

Hey ho, nice try hk_brian.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

😉 😉 😉
    Sorry. Got it. Been a long day. Bumped into an old friend in Monte Carlo and finished a bottle with him. Then off to dinner and now trying to get to sleep as I’ve an early start tomorrow.

I did get your one though TravelWise.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls