JFK T5 TWA – A beautiful teminal building.

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

BigDog.
    Participant

Closed to passengers a decade ago, the TWA building was rather IMO iconic. I recall the only time I travelled through it I thought it was based on the Thunderbirds house on Tracey Island

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2214917/A-look-inside-TWAs-unused-flight-terminal-JFK-airport.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

It has now been refurbished and may become a boutique hotel.

Do you have memories of it? Is it as iconic or just elegent?

dutchyankee
    Participant

It was definitely an iconic building at JFK, much the same to my opinion of the World Port terminal of Pan Am with it’s globe like roof. The roof top parking was a great vantage to watch aircraft land and takeoff. I think what JetBlue has done is marvelous in protecting this icon.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Looks pretty cool i wonder why AA or any other airline hasnt used it as a premium class terminal.

nathanBAGOLD
    Participant

I would put a Yotel into the building, a nice rooftop restaurant, a business lounge and a few useful shops as well as a shop that sells airline parafinalliah and a museum dedicated to TWA’s history.

canucklad
    Participant

You never know ~~~~ maybe Wetherspoons will convert it into their first North American pub! 🙂

It is an iconic building, as is the Pan Am building ! After a bit of thought the only other 2 iconic airport buidings would be the LAX building and T1 at CDG!

New builds all seem to follow the same formula to various degrees of scale. Nice but souless

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls