Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)

• MarkCymru
    Participant

I got my Global Entry clearance today. The final step was an interview with Customs and Border Protection (at Miami) — it was quick, courteous and painless. I have to say that CBP have been really impressive throughout.

The steps before the interview, though, do require a bit of dedication: for UK citizens, a report from the Association of Chief Police Officer (fill out the form, get your photo verified and pay £80), a 50-odd question online application (and pay $100) and permission for a security check.

You still do need an ESTA but it means virtually no waiting at any airport with a Global Entry lane. My brother waited 2 1/2 hours at JFK last week so it’s definitely worth it.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I’m still waiting for my police report (submitted three weeks ago…) before doing the US application. Mark (or others), can I ask how quickly the US application was processed, and how long you had to wait for (or perhaps I should say, how far ahead did you have to book) the interview in the US? I may be going to the US in early January and I am wondering if I will be able to do the interview while I am there.

MarkCymru
    Participant

@Ian_from_HKG. It took about a month for my application to be processed but that period included the Federal Government shutdown (the debt ceiling fight) so I’d guess that normally it’ sunder two weeks. I booked the interview about ten days ago when there were lots of slots available in Miami for this weekend. However, my first try was booking an interview in Fort Lauderdale but the first slot open there was in February. So, I think it really depends on where you try to be seen. However, the online booking system for the interview is simple and transparent

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Many thanks!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I waited 6 weeks from submitting the online application to getting the all clear for an interview, which I have now booked for the end of December.

Apart from the Fed shut down, all seems quite smooth..

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls