Japan Airlines to show baby/child seats booked on seat plans

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• drflight
    Participant

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Was very impressed with JAL’s attention to detail shown on last nights Heathrow airport. The airline appears to have standards for bags on the carousel in the arrivals hall. All on their sides, with handles facing the passengers for ease of collection. Never seen this before. When the camera compared to other airlines just showing bags ‘thrown onto the carousel’, it showed typical Japanese attention to details.

Well done..

1 user thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

It happens in Hong Kong also most of the time but here the bags are placed upright which I believe makes them easier to extract by not needing to bend so far.
    I am not sure about all airlines but certainly with Cathay and I suspect also other airlines as the staff doing the job look to be employed by the airport.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

If nothing else it looks smart and its the attention to detail from customer services. One of those ‘impact’ services… not often seen in Europe.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

In HK this is done by ground handling agents who stand at the point by the carousel where the bags come down and turn them round (if necessary) and put them on their side so that the handles are on the upper side. This happens, from my experience, for all flights and not just Cathay. Not only does it make it easier to lift the bags off, it also reduces the space taken up on the carousel by each bag so that bags can be offloaded faster (since the baggage system only lets bags onto the carousel where there is a space – not sure if anyone else has noticed this but the delivery belt pauses whenever the delivery point on the carousel is “full”)

AFlyingDutchman
    Participant

While I love reading all these posts, and think the treatment of the luggage as described shows a quality approach and one I wish more airports/airlines would follow making our lives easier, I am confused how this is relevant to the OP regarding JL showing seats that will likely have or are booked to have children/infants?

IanFromHKG
    Participant

[postquote quote=969984][/postquote] well, that’s thread drift!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=969985]well, that’s thread drift![/quote]

On another Forum you could be executed for less.. 🙂

TupeloKid
    Participant

Great idea.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls