Japan Airlines B787 Dreamliner Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

FlyingChemist
    Participant

The new 787 is a very nice aircraft. It seems that the higher cabin pressure leads to less evaporation of water, and thus less dry eye and dry throat. I felt less tired after 10 hours on the 787 than on any other plane. The bathrooms have a nice design, down to the very details; the doors open wide.
    The electrochromic shades are great. The cabin does not get completely dark, but dark enough to sleep. Also, the dark state is transparent enough to have a hint what is going on ‘down there’, 30,000 feet below.
    The JAL cabin service was nice (just 1/3 of the seats occupied) and the meal was served quickly after cruising altitude had been reached.
    I had beef for main dish, which was just medium quality, but I am afraid to say that the Bordeaux was a disappointment. So, I switched to Alsace Riesling, which was okay. The dessert was a dream (Mousse au chocolat).

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Hello FlyingChemist

It would be interesting to know which route you were flying. Also … how did you find the J class seat ? I ask, because, JAL is probably the only B787 operator not to specify fully flat beds in J class. Its seating is angled lie-flat.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls