JAL’s new 787 schedule: flights restart from June 1

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

SteveJohnsonIn0z
    Participant

JAL has just released its full roster for the Boeing 787, with flights coming back from June 1 and headed for Beijing, Boston, Helsinki, Moscow, San Diego, San Francisco, Singapore and (yes!) Sydney!

http://www.ausbt.com.au/jal-to-fly-boeing-787-on-sydney-tokyo-route-from-december

Thanks SteveJohnsonInOz – this has also been covered on our website here, along with details of B787 schedules for other carriers:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/all-eight-dreamliner-airlines-reschedule-services

SteveJohnsonIn0z
    Participant

That’s a great rundown, thanks for pulling that together BT! Can’t wait for 787s to start flying from Australia. We have the sort of long haul flights where the 787 will really excel.

SteveJohnsonIn0z
    Participant

BT, I think you need to check how stories form your main (UK) site are pushed onto BT/Asia. I always use BT/Asia and can’t see your story on its home page, it is only visible on the BT/UK page.

Thanks SteveJohnsonInOz – the regional sites have the choice of whether to share any story written by any other edition on to their homepage. Sometimes they won’t do so because they don’t think the story is relevant to their readership, or because they are planning to write a similar story themselves with a regional angle.

In this case however we’ll make the decision for them as they are probably asleep at the moment, so i’ll share it across in a second.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Aren’t many of these “long and thin” routes well suited to leisure, or opening up nascent business routes, rather than the frequency often required by well established business routes?

Hence the failure of any carrier to add an F cabin to a 787.

EternalExpat
    Participant

I’m still trying to work out what the so-called failure of fitting FC seats has to do with the news that the B787 is back in service. For the past three years, I have been reading the forum posts with great interest, with the odd contribution thrown in for good measure, but often wonder why members needlessly go off topic so often. Personally, I greet this news with great enthusiasm and am looking forward to my first flight on this particular model in June.

In response to VintageKrug’s post, I think an airline such as Qatar Airways does not fail, but rather by choice does not add a first class cabin to its B787 fleet. With five flights a day from LHR to DOH and v.v. this is certainly not a leisure or an emerging business route. Given a 1-2-1 across layout and 22 state-of the-art seats in business class, I personally think there is little need for a separate cabin further up front.

SteveJohnsonIn0z
    Participant

I just don’t think there’s enough room in the B787 for first class, at least not in the -8 and probably not the -9. A good business class seat today – fully flat, plenty of personal space, large IFE screen etc – is ‘good enough’ for the long haul.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls