JAL is the only oneworld not listed as a partner airline to claim missing avios

Back to Forum

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sparkyflier 7 Jan 2019
at 13:14

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Londonian
    Participant

I recently flew JAL on a Finnair business class ticket from Helsinki to Melbourne via Narita in mid-December. The miles have not been credited to my BA Avios account and strangely JAL appears to be the only oneworld airline not permitted in the drop down menu to claim missing miles on a partner airline on the BA website. It appears that I have to fax the details to BA. I have not been anywhere near a fax machine in about 10 years. Does anybody know why this anomaly appears to be in place for JAL and does anybody have any tips to claim the missing miles without sending a fax of the boarding pass which was anyway, an electronic boarding pass on my phone.

TominScotland
    Participant

That is odd, Londonian – no idea why it is the case!!

Rather than fax documents, have you tried uploading to ba.com/ecsupportingdocs. I did this for a Qatar claim on a BA codeshare and it worked well.

Londonian
    Participant

Many thanks for that tip – I hope that works.

tharrington
    Participant

I experienced this recently flying LHR-AMM on Royal Jordanian, who are also not on the drop down list. BA sorted it after I contacted them on Twitter but I did laugh at the suggestion I send a fax.

sparkyflier
    Participant

I seem to remember having similar hassle getting Royal Jordanian points and avios for flights in 2017, and they were also not on the drop down menu. I tried all the nonsense sending pictures of boarding cards etc, but think it took a phone call to BAEC to get it solved, and needed to be assetive to get it done, which it was in the end.

But making getting miles/points allocated difficult/impossible is not good business procedure. The other year I took an Alitalia flight from CDG-LIN and wanted to allocate the points to my AF Flying Blue. I never got them and it was a very tedious process. To top it all, checking in at CDG was my worse ever airport experience (includes LOS), and so have not flown either airline since…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
May cover
May cover
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls