Jaded business traveller

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

• handbag
    Participant

@ UrbaneGent – 14/12/2013 06:20 GMT

+1
    What a great post.

I would also expect that you most probably get better service than most down to your great attitude. It is a natural human reaction for people to go the extra mile for people that come across well.

I cannot count the number of the times I have done something extra for a passenger, because they were, kind, helpful, or just generally a really nice person.

GoonerLondon
    Participant

Aren’t our standards high on here? We stop enjoying flying because the amenity kit is not good enough, the wine is too warm and the tea too cold, and the food isn’t top restaurant quality.

Yet flying is about the joy of travelling and marvelling you are lucky enough to be enjoying champagne and good food en route.

This is public transport at the end of the day, and to say its no longer any good just because of some absurd expectation of the frills is just silly. As UrbaneGent said – think about what those in non premium cabins do, or even what business class was like when it was first introduced.

Granted – it shows what airlines need to do to turn average into fantastic – but it also shows how marginal the differences are these days between most airlines. And thats not a criticism – despite some of the security frustrations and issues caused by so many people flying – that should be celebrated.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls