Its service that counts.. well done CX… well done HKG

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• BrotherJim
    Participant

[quote quote=868754]Thks – wasn’t going to reply to this until saw my last comment was regarded inappropriate – since its entirely common facts what on earth is inappropriate Mr/Ms anonymouse?

We all know airlines make money from cargo, main point is that four of the busiest 10 pax routes in the world fly from HKG, additionaĺly world’s biggest route in pax-kms is HKG-LON, had CX bought a few A380s (or B748s) to replace their old B747s they could have competed better and may not have suffered losses vs. competition most of whom operate A380s.[/quote]

Sorry, I reported your post by mistake, quote and report are right next to each other! And once done no easy way to undo it would seem.

As for CX and the A380, more money is made by the non walking cargo, and that is where the A380 just doesn’t cut it and a 777 wins everytime. And as much as I personally like the A380, I would think CX knows what they are doing running 4, or is it 5 a day now to LHR.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

[quote quote=868755]FLightlevel

Someone probably caught the ‘report’ button, when aiming for the ‘reply’ – they are adjacent and it happens quite a bit, apparently.

There was nothing remotely worthy of reporting in your post.[/quote]

Quite right – I have unreported. The design is poor.

BrotherJim
    Participant

If one makes a report by mistake is there anyway to undo it? I realised as soon as I clicked I had stuffed up.

cwoodward
    Participant

With 5 flights a day HK – London Cathay is the dominant player on the route for both pax and freight. Cathay purchased the
    ‘flightlevel indicates that CX is somhow ‘remis’ in not purchasing the much unloved A380.
    Cathay is one of the 3 largest carriers of international freight (the largest and most profitable according to some tables) and the A380 caries relatively little freight which is one of the two main reasons why Cathay purchased the big bellied A350 and has on order the new 777 variants.
    The other being that the Cathay has long operated a nimble high frequency schedule to high density destinations rather than the BA model of large aircraft flying a low frequency schedule.
    BTW it is some considerable time since Cathay operated any 747 passenger aircraft and even longer since any were scheduled to London unlike BA who still operate dozens 20 to 27 year old antique 747s on long-haul routes around the globe.
    It would seem that the Cathay model is the much prefered by customers

cwoodward formally ‘oldchinahand’

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls