It’s goodbye from me…

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

• Anonymous

MarkCaswell
    Participant

Today is my last day at Business Traveller, and I’d just like to thank you all for your interest in the forum, and businesstraveller.com in general.

Over the last 7 1/2 years i’ve seen the forum launch, and grow from a couple of posts per day, to the dozens, sometimes hundreds of daily posts and comments that we receive today. You may not always all get on, but I do believe the forum provides a valuable resource for business travellers, and I hope that can continue.

My replacement as online editor is Graham Smith, so please join me in welcoming him to the Business Traveller fold. And of course Tom will still be here to keep you in line when needed…

Finally a shameless plug – i’m setting up a local business with a friend in Carshalton where I live. We’ve been running it as a farmers’ market stall on Saturdays for the last six months as a trial, selling local, seasonal fresh fruit and veg, and other local produce including chutneys, juices, honey, eggs, etc, and we are now expanding into a shop, which will open at the end of June.

Here’s our Facebook page which we update a few times a week – if any of you find yourselves in the Carshalton area, pop by and say hello!

https://www.facebook.com/CarshaltonPatch

Thanks, and happy travelling.

Mark

VintageKrug
    Participant

Best wishes, Mark.

Sounds like a terrific endeavour, and a growth area if ever there was one.

For things I don’t grow on the Estate, I potter to my local http://www.lfm.org.uk/ – though my recent foray into chickens hasn’t gone as planned, as Gin & Tonic would have testified had they lasted. The Foxhunting ban has a lot to answer for!

Good luck with the shop!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Good luck Mark

Unlikely I’ll be passing, but if it is ever the case, I’ll drop in and say hello.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Mark,
    Good luck and all the best with your new venture. You will be missed big time!!! You actually dont live that far from my so will pop by your stall one weekend so make sure you keep a copy of BT on you stall or even just a name badge!!! xxxx

Welcome Graham!!! x

Papillion53
    Participant

Mark

I would just like to wish you the very best with your new business venture – I am only sorry I am at the opposite end of the country as I would without doubt have come and partaken in some of your lovely offerings.

It’s just what people want these days.

Good luck Mark! :-)) and welcome Graham! :-))

I wish you all the best in your new shop Mark…now I must find out where Carshalton is!!

I’m sure you will be missed by the rest of the BT team.

canucklad
    Participant

Well done Mark……

May the Chinese lucky cat walk beside you, in your new endeavour….

May the pennies flow, and the pounds will sure to follow and I’m sure before long there will be a “Caswells” on every village high street !!

And a very BT hearty welcome to Graeme : )

Oh and because it’s Friday, I can’t resist …….

VK……Sorry to hear about the carnage inflicted on the innocents G&T , was it a day raid or did coop security fail the Basil Brush test?

sparkyflier
    Participant

All the very best Mark. Your work and contributions in the past years have helped ensure BT has kept its standards and remained topical and relevant. I have always enjoyed your articles, as well as meeting you at the Business Travel Show.
    Wishing you every happiness and success with your venture.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Good luck, Mark. I’m sure in quiet moments you will find your browser opening at this page….

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Good luck Mark, hope not too many of us “haunt” you… 🙂

Perhaps you could be persuaded to cater the first official meeting of the BT Forum in the offices of BT – hmmm, perhaps we will be waiting too long :))

Good luck and enjoy your new venture.

capetonianm
    Participant

That’s not a million miles from my UK base. We support your type of enterprise and try to source as much of our food as possible locally.

Good luck.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Good luck with it Mark. I’ve not been to Carshalton for many years and once had a girlfriend living just outside Croydon.

My only advice is to keep overheads low. It’s often overheads that kill a business in its startup phase.

I found this link as well. Hope they can help? http://www.carshaltonmums.com/carshaltonmums/Welcome.html

Wishing you all the best for the future,
    LuganoPirate.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Hi Graham and welcome. Looking forward to interacting directly or indirectly. Wishing you all the best in your new position and hoping your armour is up to scratch!

Swissdiver
    Participant

Farewell Mark! I am positively impressed by your choice! Hope it will be a successful endeavour in all terms!

And welcome to the madhouse, Graham! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls