Items left behind in hotel rooms

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Anonymous

Premier Inn is currently running a Gifts Reunited service for guests who have misplaced presents behind in one of the group’s hotels over the festive period. But what’s the strangest thing who have ever left behind in a hotel room?

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/premier-inn-to-reunite-guests-with-lost-presents

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I have forgotten to empty the safe on several occasions. I now put the credit card I use on check-in into the safe and use my other cards. On checking out and paying the extra’s it forces a reminder.

The most unusual thing I have left behind must be a lady’s dress. My wife had me collect a dress for her in Paris. I hung it in one of the wardrobes and on checking out left it behind. On the way to the station I called my wife who checked I had the dress.

A quick dash back to the hotel to be greeted by the concierge with the words “here is the dress you left behind sir”. I got a few strange looks from some Americans who were checking in!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

This one is separate as BT may wish to censor it?

Staying in Amsterdam some years ago, I had just got to my room, unpacked and went to put my valuables in the safe to find it locked. I called security who came up to open the safe. I joked that if we found a pile of money we could split it 50/50.

She opened the safe to find a certain type of “pink rabbit” there! The security lady joked that we should maybe wash it first before sharing it and left laughing and me very embarrassed!

RebeccaBallatine
    Participant

I once found someone’s old packed lunch and a mouldy banana in the minibar of a very posh hotel.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

I have left a suit in the wardrobe, my passport in the safe and my Jacket hung up in the back of a Hertz rental car (the latter was never returned)…

I have found a used condom under the bed, a copy of a ‘gentlemans’ top shelf magazine (also under a bed in a different hotel) and £60 in new notes in the lobby (which I handed in) that had probably just been withdrawn from the ATM and the worst, a loo in my room, which had obviously been missed by the cleaner which contained something the previous guest had left behind…..

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

LP: Loved your two posts as they are very entertaining and I doubt if BT editorial team is so lack of sense of humour for wanting to sensor them. Personal attack from one member to another is a different matter!

JJ51435
    Participant

I never, ever look under the bed… Afraid I might find something I do not wish to see. I have enough already with dirty rental cars.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

You might find a naked girl or a man!

NTarrant
    Participant

The former would be a nice suprise! Found a pair of old socks under the dressing table once. I have repeatedly left my Blackberry charger at Hilton Hotels

PatJordan
    Participant

Many years ago, in my yoiung (and skint) days,I stayed in a (very) run down hotel in central Dublin. It was so bad that there weren’t even pillowcases on the bed.

However, when I plumped up the (very flat) pillow, I found the previous guest’s y-fronts underneath!

Thankfully standards have vastly improved since then!

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Was it a clean Calvin Klein?

PatJordan
    Participant

Neither clean nor Calvin Klein !!

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Ooh la la! I hope you did not make use of that flat pillow (caseless)

PatJordan
    Participant

Indeed not, FC.

The pillow and it’s hidden treasure were cast to the floor.

I had my first ever truly flat bed experience that night!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls