ITA Airways relies on Amazon celebrity for onboard announcement at LCY

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

* I started this thread under Alitalia as there is no ITA Airways entry *

I thought I had seen it all but this piece from Italy’s La Repubblica takes the bisuit.

One of ITA Airways’ flights from LCY (London City) to Milan yesterday was unable to depart owing to strong winds at the airport unless several passengers agreed not to board. The flight appears to be too heavy.

Five passengers did not take the flight. They were each given a voucher worth Euros 250.

But this aircraft is one wet-leased from German Airways. None of the cabin crew could explain the situation in Italian to the passengers on board.

https://video.repubblica.it/sport/l-insolita-richiesta-sul-volo-ita-da-londra-a-linate-l-aereo-pesa-troppo-qualcuno-deve-scendere/439939/440903

Eventually a staffer for Amazon Prime stepped in and made an announcement in Italian. Some passengers are chuckling.

Here’s a link to La Repubblica. [IT] There’s an embedded video.

1 user thanked author for this post.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Surely this would be a major safety breach given the instructions the crew would have to convey in the event of an emergency?

anyonebutBAirways
    Participant

no it isnt, the instructions are available via recorded message, the same could be said of BA/easyjet etc, the flights are not staffed each and every time with crew that speak the other language. been on lots of BA flights and they often use recorded messages as there is no Spanish crew aboard, on flights to Spain for example ( where I live), the same for many other routes too!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls