It would appear Lufthansa staff are hell-bent on killing the goldene gans*!

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

BERLIN (AP) — A union representing German flight attendants has called on its members to walk out on all Lufthansa flights from Wednesday.

The announcement Tuesday marks an escalation between the UFO union and the airline in a dispute over transition payments.

The airline confirmed that all of its flights from Germany would be affected from 4 a.m. (0300 GMT) Wednesday until midnight Friday.
    =====================================================

* Golden Goose 🙂

Charles-P
    Participant

Utter stupidity. A classic case of a trade union trying to hang on to outdated uneconomic practices with no thought to the financial viability of the employer that results.

TheRealBabushka
    Participant

I’ve always thought German trade unions are reasonable?

Or perhaps they only appear reasonable when they sit on company boards, that end up being quite dysfunctional aka VW?

Are the unions representing LH employees the exception or is this a general trend, where German trade unionist are behaving more like the French?

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

At the same time LH Management appear to want to kill the Golden Goose that is trade sales by introducing the GDS surcharge at a ridiculous level. By accounts some suppliers have seen sales of Lufthansa drop by 25% (and the LH Group). No doubt that the strike action will hide / mask the drop in sales from Corporate / Travel Agents as strike related costs. Very convenient. Me – Cynical – Never!

Charles-P
    Participant

Regardless of who is responsible it has motivated me to try alternatives to LH and of course if I find them better they may well have my business for many years to come. I have made a lot more use of SWISS recently and found their business class product very acceptable.

Simon01
    Participant

Yes LH are in one serious mess

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Just board Swiss last night from LAX, three passengers in First told me they were flying LH but changed to LX due to the strikes. On arrival in ZRH one passenger told me he’d now stick with Swiss in the future.

I guess if the unions put LH out of business they won’t worry too much thanks to the excellent unemployment benefits the members will get!

midorosan2
    Participant

Headline should read goldene Gans nouns are capitalised in german.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls