Istanbul Turkish Airlines Lounge

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Inquisitive
    Participant

I recently went to Istanbul and while returning visited Turkish Airlines lounge (I was travelling other airline) at Atatürk airport.
    However due to lack of time, I was there 15 minutes or so but managed to give a quick look. It is huge with lockers, pool table, nice reading books etc. Food stations seems to be scattered around the lounge. It also has a split level. For first look, it is impressive.
    It looks like all operations will move to a new airport.

Pity I could not spent enough time to explore; was any review done for this lounge in BT before?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

[quote quote=925188]It looks like all operations will move to a new airport.[/quote]

All operations will move to the new airport.

Some flights transferred a few months ago. Others are following right now.

Operations at new Istanbul airport to be delayed by two months

Full opening of new Istanbul airport delayed again

w8ster
    Participant

Have used this lounge twice and generally quite impressed with it but at busy time is still impossible to find a spot to relax without someone tripping over you. Thats not surprising given the traffic in and out of Istanbul.

I did enjoy the wide selections of food options and drinks and the lounge design is very welcoming.

Presume they took into consideration the crowd issue for the new lounge at the new airport.. look forward to trying it. No doubt there will be a full report on BT soon.

JJ
    Participant

There is a walk through Video on YouTube of the new lounge. ‘From the look of it’ they have re-used all the furniture and its all on one level with one big Food station in the middle. It looks down on duty free and departure lounges and the roof is the terminal roof. Some nice touches are the recliner chairs that look out over the terminal, and some Taverna like coffee shops.

Think I will still miss the stairs and the metal dome in the middle of the old lounge though.

w8ster
    Participant

[quote quote=928982]
    Think I will still miss the stairs and the metal dome in the middle of the old lounge though.[/quote]

me too

EU_Flyer
    Participant

[quote quote=928982]‘From the look of it’ they have re-used all the furniture[/quote]

Think the white sofa design is the same but it’s all new actual furniture.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls