Issues with Emirates Paid Seat Policy

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=832534]As a mater of principle, I think if you had status allowing you to choose seats for free, and that status expires before the flight itself, then the airline should honour the seat choice, as they should know when the status expires and could have refused it at the time of booking.
    [/quote]

So I book a seat on 1st Jan for travel on 1st July. My current status expires on 1st June. How could the airline seriously refuse me the published benefits of my status without knowing I would have renewed status?

As it stands everyone knows the score: renew status and keep the benefits. Lose the status and lose the benefits.

If you allow people who lose status to keep the seats then you disadvantage those who gain status and expect the benefits.

Cleancabinair
    Participant

Thank you LuganoPirate…. i concur on that point however the automaton that is Emirates does not allow for that sort of recognition of previous loyalty!
    On the seats issue and non-communication of the aircraft change, had I chosen a seat such as 64D on the AB 380 for example, what would Emirates have allocated to me on the B777-200, as there no seats behind row 48 ?

All this embarrassing (For EK) discussion for the lack of a single e-mail informing the pax of an aircraft change, which the customer relations group feel I should not expect ….!!

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls