Is this the beginning of the end for the EU and the United Kingdom?

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 211 through 212 (of 212 total)

• philsquares
    Participant

[postquote quote=1216869]

As an Irish citizen living in the UK, it’s been great just sitting back and observing the justification for leaving the EU which was used by the “leavers”.

This post is a perfect example of that. I am always puzzled by the “take our borders back” argument. When did the UK give them up to the EU? The UK had every right to additional protections on its borders. For example, if an EU citizen wanted to move to Spain, they had to prove they had private medical insurance or in the case of UK citizens an S-1. What did the UK do? Nothing!!! So, I am not quite sure what the leavers are talking about.

I am amazed at how the leavers could convince people the UK would be better off out of the EU when it came to trade. I am still looking for all those countries who will be lining up to get a free trade agreement with the UK!! Clearly, that hasn’t happened and I doubt it will ever happen. The US has already signaled its intentions to hold the UK’s feet to the fire on the Good Friday Agreement and the No Border Border that the UK is considering ignoring.

Was the EU perfect?? No. However, I doubt the UK will be better off outside of the EU and as time goes on they will regret the decision to leave. But, it is fun to sit back and watch all the leavers complain about the ramifications of their decision.

3 users thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

Oh dear, To be honest I only replied to this clearly spam thread revival as a bit of a joke!
    Unintended results….. that are in no way in my opinion related to business air travel.
    Perhaps best to close it ?

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 posts - 211 through 212 (of 212 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls