Is this really news?

Back to Forum

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  capetonianm 19 Oct 2019
at 10:00

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

You have to be worried when this sort of thing is reported…..

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/dublin-airport-flight-plane-20648142

Inquisitive
    Participant

This is news because the airline concerned do not train their steward how to resolve this kind of issue.
    The steward should have kept an eye on the bad manners passengers.

I know for sure some good airlines crew would have dealt this very successfully.

It is also time that there shall be some regulations about leg and seat space in airlines.
    It is not only comfort issue, it is also safety issue.

Seat regulations and number of passengers are implemented for cars, why it cannot be done for airplane?

capetonianm
    Participant

The LCCs have seats which do not recline. It’s not a bad idea for several reasons.

I think minimum space allowances per passenger are mandated by ICAO, how adequate that space is, particularly with people getting bigger all the time, is debatable.

A few years ago on KLM, I had a ‘comfort’ seat and the man behind, who was in a normal economy seat decided it was OK for him to put his bare foot on my armrest and complained about there not being enough space and it wasn’t fair. Rather than becoming embroiled in discussion with him, I told him to complain to the airlne and not to me, and called one of the FAs and it was dealt with in a typically Dutch manner, fair, competent, and direct. She told him he too could have paid extra for a bigger seat!

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
BT November cover
BT November cover
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls