Is there a way of getting a message to a cabin crew before flight?

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• TiredOldHack2
    Participant

I’ve shouted a particularly valued colleague an upgrade to CW on his flights to Santiago de Chile and back.

He flies back from EZE in a week or so, and as it’s his first ever long-haul flight in business, I was wondering if there was a way of tipping off the crew so they could just push the boat out a tiny bit further for this CW virgin.

Any thoughts?

Of course, he’s completed the outbound trip and his reaction suggests that BW may well have a CW convert. So it’s all business, really.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I would let BAEC know (presume you have the locator) and you can then find out if they valued the “tip” afterwards.

Be interested to hear…

openfly
    Participant

Waste of time….

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=773594]Waste of timeā€¦.

[/quote]

I agree. Not sure the crew would be that interested really.

Alsacienne
    Participant

To openfly and SimonS1, I appreciate that you were kindly offering an opinion, but the OP wanted factual information. What a shame to have such a negative response to someone trying to make the world a nicer place, albeit by appealing to the good nature of a third party.

Why not contact the airline’s public relations department or customer service centre with details of the person to be ‘rewarded’. It may not get the desired result but at least you tried.

OK so this is a BUSINESS traveller forum, but even businessmen and women can have softer sides, which can often lead to increased efficiency, sales, and better public relations. A bit of positivity goes a long way in today’s world.

TiredOldHack2
    Participant

@MartynSinclair – yes, good idea. I’ll do that.

TiredOldHack2
    Participant

Sent this:-

Hello! Look, this is an odd one, but it might just make someone’s day.

I stumped up to allow a really valued member of my staff, xxxxxxxx, to fly CW to a conference in Santiago de Chile. This is actually the first time he’s flown business class on any flight, never mind intercontinental.

His reaction after the outward flight was: “It’s going to be very difficult flying economy now. I’m going to look into business class flights more….”

Anyway, he flies back from EZE to LHR with you on the xxxxxxx, as you can see, and while we all know and appreciate your impressive CW service on long-haul, it would be gorgeous if your guys/girls in the CW cabin could just go the extra yard to make it truly memorable.

Mum’s the word, of course.

kevin46
    Participant

I’mm sure if rferguson reads this he will be able to work the oracle for you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls